User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Brisbane International (Tennis)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brisbane International (Tennis)

I was fortunate enough to spend the day in a corporate suite at the Brisbane International Tennis Tournament. It was fantastic. I love tennis and got to see Daniela Hantuchova, James Blake and Andy Roddick play today. I also got to meet Daniela as she was doing the rounds of the corporate suites (poor thing, I'm sure she had better things to do, but the organisers obviously make the players do this). Gael Monfils sat in the seats next to us for a while, so I took a few paparazzi shots of him as well.

As part of the T&Cs, you were only allowed to take a 200mm max lens (and yes, they checked my gear quite thoroughly on entry), and as my lens had a max aperture of f4, I spent the day shooting at ISO 1600 which I was not happy about. Still, the shots I've looked at so far have cleaned up reasonably well and I'm fairly happy with the way I've captured the action (helps that I play tennis myself and could anticipate where players were going). This marks my third attempt at sport and I can see definite improvement.

Anyway, if anyone is still reading my babbling post in the hopes of some photos of the players, you're going to be disappointed. I can't post any images from the matches themselves, so you'll have to make do with my 365 shot from today and Daniela's signature on the back of my ticket.

Canon DSLRs & lenses | Fuji X series & lenses | Ricoh GR

Perpetually Bewildered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jules, sounds like a great day. I'm jealous. Not that I'm much of a tennis fan but I am a big corporate suite fan . (Not that I get the opportunity very often )

Is it a legal condition that you can't post images of the matches?

Nice clean shot of your ticket. I'm just printing out a copy, but of course I first changed the date to tomorrow's. So thanks for that .

Cheers.
    Phil.

Some Nikon stuff. I shoot Mirrorless and Mirrorlessless.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah, hi

I too am curious as to why you can't post them.

Surely a low res - non=commerical purpose snapshot wont set their lawyers onto you :P

Scotty
    Canon 7D : Canon EF 70-200mm f:2.8 L IS II USM - Canon EF 24-105 f:4 L IS USM - Canon EF 50mm f:1.8 - Canon EF-s 18-55mm f:3.5-5.6
    Sigma APO 150-500mm f:5-6.3 DG OS HSM
    - Sigma 10-20mm f:3.5 EX DC HSM
    Speedlite 580 EX II - Nissin Di866 II - Yongnuo 460-II x2 - Kenko extension tube set - Canon Extender EF 1.4x II
    Manfroto monopod - SILK 700DX Pro tripod - Remote release - Cokin Z-Pro filter box + Various filters

Current Social Experiment: CAPRIL - Wearing a cape for the month of April to support Beyond Blue
    Visit me on Flickr

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the T&Cs states that photos can't be sold, licensed, published or otherwise commercially exploited. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but posting here might be considered publishing, so I'm chickening out. Plus, I haven't seen anyone else post shots either here or on other local forums, so perhaps there's good reason?

Don't worry, I'm not a sports shooter, so you're not missing out on any great shots!

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I know rules are rules and we follow them,but image ownership sucks ,you pay the fee but your arms are tied up.this can go on forever

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    One of the T&Cs states that photos can't be sold, licensed, published or otherwise commercially exploited. Perhaps I'm being overly cautious, but posting here might be considered publishing, so I'm chickening out. Plus, I haven't seen anyone else post shots either here or on other local forums, so perhaps there's good reason?

Don't worry, I'm not a sports shooter, so you're not missing out on any great shots!

Up to you, but I am pretty sure they are interested only if you do anything commercial with them.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As long as you had a fun day that's the main thing..

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jules' decision not to post pictures is the correct stance. As per Rick's response in this thread, any photos posted will be removed as it constitutes publication, whether for profit or not.
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cheryl.