User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: looking around for a new bag - Domke?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looking around for a new bag - Domke?

Hey all,

my kit has outgrown my bag and now i'm looking at the domke range.

Anyone have or have dealt with these bags?

cheers
    chris
    My Current Kit
    Canon 40D + Grip | Canon 10-22 | Canon 50mm f/1.4 | 135mm f/2L | 430EX speedlite | Bibble Pro | Building my stable of primes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the F2 and the J3, the J3 is better IMO, it is more durable due to the fabric being waterproof and the outer end pockets come with padding that enables you to use it for lenses or flash etc.

I found the biggest drawback with Domke's is no zip closure and in the F2 not much padding.

I am now using THIS Kata which i am very pleased with.
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I bought myself a Billingham bag (I got it direct from the UK, just over 1/2 the Oz price) and am really happy with the materials and design of the bag. I have a big one, the 443.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have both Billingham and Domke. they serve different purposes for me, but i use the Domke when i'm working. i like the fact that it has no padding...it means that i can fit more in the bag. i don't throw the bag around, or bash it into walls so any padding would be surplus to my needs. it can just hold big fat nikon lenses (77mm filter threads). it is amazing what you can fit into the F2. it isn't the be all and end all, and i still use pelican cases to store my gear, and i then just take my required gear out and add it to the bag of my choice. i use the Billingham when i'm on a job that requires me to be a little more dressy, which suits the Billingham more so than the Domke, but my F2 is black and the Billingham is the classic beige/tan.

I am older than I look.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am using a Kata bag and it is excellent value for money. My only complaint in the bright interior gets grubby fairly quickly but a number of bags suffer the same fate.