• Gavy if there is a slr variety?

3 0.99%
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Do you have a P&S and an SLR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Lumix DMC FP3 always in my shirt pocket.
    It is very slim, and no lens pops out. It stays flat!
    "The greatest camera in the world is the one you hold in your hands when shit happens." ©2007 Raoul Isidro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DSLR: Newly acquired Canon 50D (with 18-55IS lens)

Point-and-Shoot: Canon Powershot S80

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    40D and fujifilm f100fd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Point and shoot and a Pentax K-x. However it was the general crapness of the P & S over the last 3 years that led to the purchase of the Dslr!
    Last edited by Pixley; 20-07-2010 at 3:35pm. Reason: May have mentioned a brand name against rules!
    D800 Nikon 70-200 VR II, Nikon 105 2.8, Nikon 24-120 f4,
    Sigma 85mm 1.4, Sigma 50mm 1.4, Sigma 35mm 1.4 DG HSM

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I to have a p&s its a Nikon cool pix 5400 with slr futures, It takes great macro's and most of the time clearer shots than my canon 450D but i dont use it as i want to learn DSLR photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a piont and shoot (also phone), it was an easy and quick way to record and log egg deposition and hatching, also matings of my reptiles with dates.Good way for keeping instant proof for the authorities.only new to dslr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've only got an slr at the moment, but am trying to find a decent film P&S. Although if Nikon does come out with an EP1 equivalent, I'll chuck a 50mm on it and use that

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes I do, I have a Panasonic TZ7 and Canon 350d

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    DSLR [EOS 7D]
    P&S [IXUS 90IS] > but this has now made its way to the missus handbag.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a Canon Powershot S5 which is used as a backup to the 40D. The P&S is used more for keeping visual records rather than for taking photographs if that makes sense.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    At this stage its just the DSLR for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a D80 and a little Lumix P&S. I use the Lumix for festivals and other places I can't take the DSLR.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a Canon 60D and also an old Canon D60 and a few old film SLR's, and I have a Fuji W3 3D P&S.

It's good fun doing 3D photos and videos with the W3, and they look great on my 3D TV and on the 3D screen on the back of the camera.
    It has 2 10mp sensors and 2 lenses etc and the photo quality is quite reasonable too, but I only use it for fun.

I saw a couple at Harvey Normans in Chatswood the other day for only $89.00, so go grab a bargain, as these were over $500 when they first came out.
    All my photos are taken with recycled pixels.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit.
    Wisdom, is knowing not to serve it in a fruit salad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Originally had various film cameras. Could see the writing on the wall for film and as we were about to embark on our first overseas holiday, I went out and bought a quite expensive Olympus C750 (was expensive at the time). This also had the Auto setting as well as various picture modes as well as being able to change the A/S/M settings. I was very happy with the photos that we took and have many holiday snaps that I was very pleased with. Then I decided to buy hubby a cheap camera to take to Melbourne for a weekend with our son, who was living over there at the time. I bought him a basic point and shoot Canon with a zoom lens and that took good photos too. I then bought my Olympus E520 with a twin lens kit. I am finding it harder to take good photos with it as it is much more complex, but I'll get there. Just need precious time to play with it and that is not easy in our present circumstances.

I love the idea of getting some of our better photographers to show us what they can do with a point of shoot.(go on, put all us novices to shame ) I have often wondered just how good they can be The camera that is, not the photographer (their photos on here prove just how good THEY are!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both. My P&S is my trusty mobile which is great as I know I will always have it on hand for that quick shot. I agree with Ricktas we should have a P&S comp. I took all my shots on a W/End trip to the War Memorial with my mobile and was quite impressed with the quality. The photo below was shot with a Samsung Jet which I have since superseded with an HTC mainly because it was totally useless as a phone. Go figure

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by HelenClaire View Post
    I agree with Ricktas we should have a P&S comp.
    Not sure there's a clear enough line between P&S and DSLR to be meaningful. Some "compacts" to use another word, are more highly featured than DSLRs, and then there's the question of processing - cameras use so many different forms of "in camera" processing from zilch to a lot. I've always wanted to find a way of having a bunch of photographers all shooting with the same camera with no post processing - never found a practicable way though.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am with you here, Bobt. To call a camera "point-and-shoot" is a not very useful description, and one that applies more to the habits of some types of photographers (some times).
    "Compacts" is by far the better term, as it is the main factor in their design. After all, you can point and shoot DSLRs as well (as guns, cannons, big mouths).

I'd have to wonder what sort of competitiveness would be shown in a P+S comp, quick draw perhaps.
    Am.
    Last edited by ameerat42; 08-04-2012 at 4:12pm.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, but I keep thinking I need a P&S. I like to have a camera on me while commuting etc and a DSLR is simply not practical enough (I tried, really tried).

I miss my old G7 that died! RIP old friend....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I carry around my phone. Nokia n8 quite good for those times I'm not prepared.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just added a Nikon AW100 P&S so I can do underwater stuff when in Hawaii and cruising. Always had a P&S to complement the DSLR. Its not alweays convienent to carry the "big" camera around and the handbrake does not like to use the big camera much.

Mick
    Mick

Nikon D600 & D80, 24-70 f2.8 Nikkor, 50mm f1.4 Sigma ,18-135 Nikkor, Kenko Extension Tubes, SB-700 and a few little bits and pieces

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast