3 0.99%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you have a P&S and an SLR

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Redgum View Post
    Hey Larry, about time you sold some of your gear and made your bag lighter.
    I gave up selling my equipment when I traded in the Olympus OM2n on the Nikon F50D. Big mistake! - Not because there is anything wrong with the Nikon, just because I regretted getting rid of an old friend.

Now the stuff I no longer use goes into a sort of "museum" I have in my study.

What goes into the big camera bag? - The E-3, mju810, all the lenses (including an old Tokina 28-85 on an OM mount), spare batteries and chargers, a Nikon SB25 flash unit, an Acer Aspire one netbook computer (for processing photos on the road), my passport..... What have I left out? It all makes for a very heavy bag! Fortunately, it is a Lowepro bag and is very easy to carry AND I have some smaller bags for when I don't want to take everything along with me.
    Cheers

Larry
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Canon EOS 6D | EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM | EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM | EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS | Speedlight 600EX-RT
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO | Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH | Misc 4/3 lenses

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sure do ..... The panasonic goes with me pretty much all the time.
    Its the camera I take with me when I'm not going photographing.
    John.

Canon EOS 50D
    Panasonic Lumix TZ10

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon 20D, 50D and Canon G10..

I slip the G10 into my bag when I don't want to lug a DSLR around..
    Jurgen
    Canon 50D~20D~G11

http://www.pbase.com/jurgentreue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I got a Sony Cybershot P&S before I got a dSLR - thought it would help me compose better shots (I was in a big rut that I'm not sure I'm out of!) without spending a fortune on D&P...but it didn't because I found it so little & fiddly, I never got comfortable with it! That said, it comes on every holiday with us (hubby's handy with it) as a back up, and we've got some fine pics out of it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both here - a 5DII, 50D and Ixus 80IS. I love the Ixus - it's very handy to have in my handbag all the time, and the image quality is surprisingly good. It has quite a good digital macro function, too. No comparison to the DSLRs, but it's certainly one of our better purchases.
    Julia | CC more than welcome - it's the best way to learn!

Canon: 5D II + Grip | 50D + Grip | 16-35mm f/2.8L II | 24-105mm f/4L IS | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.8 II | 100mm f/2.8 Macro | 15mm f/2.8 Fisheye | 580EX II |
    Manfrotto 055MFV tripod with 322RC2 head | various accessories

Photos on flickr

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have both, the missus can't work the DSLR so mostly grabs the P&S
    Brownie

α200, Sony 18-70mm F3.5-5.6, Sony 75-300mm F4.5-5.6 NEW: Minolta 50mm F1.7

Here to learn, so please be nice
    Feel free to rework my shots, but please let me know what you do so I can try it out myself

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well technically I have a P&S to go with the 2 dSLRS, but never use it - actually I guess the iPhone counts as a P&S too, and it does get some use.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got a DSLR, SLR and assorted P&S's that are usable. I've also got a couple old Kodak P&S that DH loves but can no longer get the film/developing done. I usually carry a little Olympus P&S everywhere with me - a left over habit from when the kids were little and cute (they are now big and always have their hand out for a loan )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Both, the Mrs mostly uses the P+S and my daughter inherited my 400D and kit lenses when I upgraded abit.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Canon 40D, Canon 30V, Panasonic Lumix TZ5 just ordered Canon G11 ..
    Julie

Canon 6D,Fuji X100
    l Canon 50mm f1.8 MK l l Canon 85mm f1.8 l Canon 100mm f2.8L Macro l Canon 24-70IS f4L l LR4/CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We have both in this house... a 40D and a Olympus mju:300.
    But we gave the Olympus to our daughter when we got into DSLR.
    We have used it a few times though, when we just need a quick snapshot.
    **Canon EOS 40D *** **Canon 50mm f/1.4 USM**Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L***Canon 580EX Speedlight**

I'm here to learn, honest critique welcome on my photos unless otherwise stated.
    >>>>www.melissamillerphotography.com.au <<<<

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey View Post
    next poll should be..... those with both, do you ever use the p&s
    I have both, but for those who question why, you have to remember that carrying an SLR everywhere just isn't possible or practical - but a P&S in the pocket can go anywhere.

The image you catch with the P&S will be far better than all the SLR pictures that you missed because you couldn't carry the SLR with you!!!

I use the P&S on other occasions too ... all those times when people don't want a bloody great lens stuffed in their faces, or where a little subtlety is called for. Again, sometimes any picture is better than no picture.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a mixed bag which includes a DSLR (changeable lenses), a P&S, and a fixed ##### dslr. Then I have a variety of film based cameras including a 1934 leica.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Yes to both..we should have a point n shoot challenge in 2010. Challenge the skilled photographers that AP is made up of, of showing us what they can acheive with these point and shoots.
    Hi folks. It's been a while since I've been here, but I dare show my brazen face now in this thread. That 0.74% in this poll is me, though maybe it should be more than that paltry figure because I have three "only p+s".

Ricktas, it would be like a breath of fresh democracy to include such a challenge. Will it be soon? I'll be in it. As I trawled through this post I wondered at the degree of latent denigration "only p+s" that I discerned. I hope I was mistaken, though.

Am...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

SLR and P&S

Yeah, I have both an SLR (40D) and a P&S (Canon S5IS). The 40D goes where I go. However, I also keep the S5IS as a backup or as a tool to get my friends interested in photography. Let's face it, your hiking buddies complain less about being stuck in the heat/cold when they are waiting for you to take your shots.. especially when they're doing the same with a camera they haven't carried! Also, when they take a great shot... they're usually more forgiving in future about "The needs of a photographer".

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've got both but I just never got rid of me old P&S, which is OLD! A Lumix DMC-LC33 with all of 3.2mp... Would like to upgrade to something a bit more updated but haven't really had a reason to...
    nikonian dee ninety; nikonian fiftymm f/one.four; nikonian thirty-fivemm f/two.eight; nikonian twelve-twenty-fourmm f/four; nikonian eighty-two hundymm f/two.eight; sigmarian twenty-four-seventymm f/two.eight hsm.

http://www.redbubble.com/people/dazzleng

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2MP P&S on one Nokia mobile and a 5MP on the other Nokia mobile. I must say the 2MP is easier to use and I am surprised at how well the photos turn out. I have had a couple of days out in the Brisbane CBD, Southbank and on the river where I have deliberately used the small mobile phone camera exclusively. Great fun. Please search AAInternational photostream on flickr to see some of my mobile phone shots. As long as the photos are not to be blown up to anything larger than say a 6"x4" they are fine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I dont have a p&s in my bag but I did purchase last year a Panasonic Gf1 it's like a hybrid micro 4/3rds camera and you can use old Film OM lenses with it It's a great little travel camera
    Canon 50D
    Canon 50mm f1.4
    Sigma 10-20mm
    Canon 100-400mm
    Canon 100mm f2
    www.kylieknightphotography.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Couple of DSLRs plus a Canon G10.. I like to take the G10 out when travelling light..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yea - slr for serious, pns for parties

CAMERA | NikonD90
    LENS | Nikkor 18-200 f/3.5-5.6 DX VR + 70-200 f/2.8 VR + 17-55 f/2.8 DX + 105 f/2.8 VR + 50 f/1.8D
    FLASH | 2x SB900s + SB800 + PocketWizards
    WEB | INFINITE DREAMS PHOTOGRAPHY

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast