Not sure if this is the right place for this query, so Mods, please move it if it's in the wrong place.

My daughter and her best friend went and had some photos taken at a rather well-known photo studio yesterday. This was supposed to be a "free" session that she got for visiting their stand at the Royal Show.

The got made up and had a rather lengthy session and all-in-all had a fabulous time, however, they were each charged a bond of $95 to make sure that they would turn up to a viewing of the photos when they are completed. If they don't attend, they forfeit their money (so much for being free). Yes, they were silly and agreed to this, though in fairness, the $95 was probably well spent on the makeup artist who did an excellent job. The girls did look gorgeous when they got home.

Anyway, daughter came home with a price list... the cheapest option a 5" x 4" unedited print for $200. Packages start at $1200 for 2 x 10" x 8" + an album of small photos and go to nearly $6,500 for the top package.

Would have loved a 30" x 40" photo of her, but the asking price is $3,750.

Personally I'm overwhelmed and completely shocked at what they're charging, but am I the only one who think this?