Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: O Noes! My Kitty is a Conehead!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

O Noes! My Kitty is a Conehead!

Hi,
    This is what happens when kitty doesn't get the first hit in and ends up with an abscess in his side. This is not long after he got back from surgery at the vet, and I think he's grumpy with me....
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Calxoddity
    Concert Pianist, Test Pilot, Pathological Liar

Nikon D40, Sigma 17-70 F2.8-4.5 HSM, Nikkor AF-D 50mm f1.8
    Post Processing: Aperture 3 & Photoshop Elements 6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Poor guy doesnt look happy I remember my cat after an op had one of those on cause had a catherter in and to stop him getting to it - I think it last about 15 mins before he destroyed it :/

Edited to add: did he get a hit in the eye also - looks a little closed etc or still a bit sedated? The same cat of mine mentioned before got a punctured eye ball in a fight ended up an expensive op they sorta have to move his eye to clean all around it
    Last edited by Miaow; 29-11-2009 at 2:35pm.
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Ouch..and I would be grumpy with you too if you made me wear a bucket on my head. Hope Kitty recovers fast.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He went back to the vet today and had the drain removed, but it's another week of cone-headedness for kitty. BTW, his eyes are fine - might be the anasthetic, but mainly he's grumpy and giving me The Look.

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It is officially called an Elizabethan collar! And while it is for his own good, I guess I'd be grumpy too if I had a big plastic thing round my neck for a week. Lots of pats and treats to keep him cheerful. Hint: A spoonful of thickened cream usually goes down a treat!
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ooh - poor Kitty. I hope it recovers quickly - it must be very frustrating for an animal to have to wear one of these collars especially when you want to have a scratch behind the ear.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com