Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sunrise and sunsets

Ditto to the above comments, well done. I live in a city in the north of China, and the sun disappears into the smog zone about 10 degrees above the horizon, and after that it's pretty well over - the pollution is too dense to allow much reflective bathing of clouds etc. There's a useful piece of software available for download known as 'The Photographer's Ephemeris' (http://photoephemeris.com/), will tell you sunrise & sunset & moon phases based on your location.
    Hop along now, there's a good lad...

Ausphotography Regular
    I love sunset photos, the pink, oranges, blues, etc that emit along the sky. I just love it

I'm never up early enough for a sunrise though hehe..

Thanks for the write up, I'm heading out after work to see what I can do! I've tried a few, but I have more time tonight than I usually do. yay!

Decided to "shave" my signature ;]
    Now mostly shoots with: Canon 5D MK3 & Canon 24-70 f/2.8 (also have a 550D with a variety of lenses/goodies and a Sony Nex-5N)
    PP with: Lightroom 5.3 only, Photoshop is merely a 9-5 work tool for me.

Fully endorse the tip to look around and behind you. I was down the beach last weekend to capture the sunset and turned 90 degrees and there was a storm forming. Shooting away from the sunset or with the light coming in from the side gave me my most satisfying shots of the day.

Very Useful Info For Beginners , Love The Pics!
    Last edited by spiralink; 04-12-2012 at 11:11am.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12