User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Lightscribe Drive

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Lightscribe Drive

My new PC came with a lightscribe enabled disk drive. I got me a set of 10 CD's and burnt some iTunes music to play in the car and have used the lightscribe feature to make the labels. Am quite impressed with the results, even if it takes longer to label a disc than it does to fill it with music.

Wondered if other AP members have a lightscribe drive and what their thoughts are on it.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Used one on my daughters PC. Does a great job, but, yes, takes a long time. You can get very creative with your discs and make them look very professional.
    Carmen

My Stuff:- Canon 50D l EF 28-80 f2.8-4L
    l EF 100-300 f4-5.6 l Canon 100mm f2.8 macro l Tokina 11-16 f2.8 l Pol. Filter l Flash l Grip l Remote l Tripod l Lightroom 2 l CS3

Constructive Critique of my photos always appreciated

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have one too, but I haven't used it yet. Haven't got around to buying the right disks for it.

Good to know it takes a while though. Thanks.
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got one and love it....

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Got one in my Laptop ages ago, use it, love it! New PC come with one also. Great for labelling movies, cd's basically customizing them however you like. There is a program called Acoustica which has some awesome presets and very easy to use.
    Critique and comments welcomed on my images!

www.philrettkephotography.com
    http://www.flickr.com/philrettke

Canon EOS 5D MKII x 2 | Ef 70-200mm f2.8L IS II USM | Ef 16-35mm f2.8L II | Ef 180mm f/3.5L macro | Ef 24-70mm f/2.8L | Adobe Photoshop CS3 extended | Digital Photo Professional | Photomatix Pro 3 | Adobe Lightroom 2.3

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CherylB View Post
    I have one too, but I haven't used it yet. Haven't got around to buying the right disks for it.

Good to know it takes a while though. Thanks.

same i have one too never used it maybe it might be time to try i hear its very slow

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have had a bit to do with these at work, I agree they take AGES to do

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    have it - never used it
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It can be quite slow if you go the whole hog with designs however I tend to just add a bit of text, and on the "good quality" setting only takes about 5 minutes. I think the key to speed is keeping your text inthe same area "band" on the disc, i.e. the more area that you want it to cover as measured from the center to the edge, the longer it takes.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maccaroneski View Post
    It can be quite slow if you go the whole hog with designs however I tend to just add a bit of text, and on the "good quality" setting only takes about 5 minutes. I think the key to speed is keeping your text inthe same area "band" on the disc, i.e. the more area that you want it to cover as measured from the center to the edge, the longer it takes.
    Yeah. I like how the software shows you a simulation of the scribing. Certainly helped me understand how it does it and how you could save writting time by following the circular 'track'

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    hmm i got one of those in my laptop too, never used it though.. tell me, do you have to use different discs in it ?? what's the go with them?? I got no clue
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've noticed my new media box has a lightscribe drive, although I've not tested it yet.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Administrator
    Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by yummymummy View Post
    hmm i got one of those in my laptop too, never used it though.. tell me, do you have to use different discs in it ?? what's the go with them?? I got no clue
    You have to buy disks with the lightscribe logo. I bought a 20 pack for 18.00 (including cd covers) so price is not that bad.

You then need the software from the lightscribe site, you run the software, setup what you want on you label, put the cd in the drive 'upside down" and start it running. At the end out comes your disk with the label laser etched into it.

What you need:

Lightscrive Drive and Lightscibe disks
    Lightscribe drivers (should have come with drive)
    Lightscribe template maker and burning software

http://www.lightscribe.com/gettingst...dex.aspx?id=87

And you can get premade templates in packs to download and install as well : http://www.lightscribe.com/ideas/index.aspx?id=2564