User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Yongnuo flash

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yongnuo flash

Anybody have any experience with this brand of flash?
    It's very cheap on ebay and has manual controls.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Have a quick read of http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...hlight=yongnuo by JM Tran and give him a holler for more advice kwoksak. I think he is the only person on here that I can remember buying one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Kwokask, I have two of the YongNuo YN460. For the price they are very good. Compared to my SB600 its about as solid build wise. I use them and the SB600 with wireless triggers and have had pretty good success with them. Trial and error is the key to working out adjusting the power settings. I wouldnt hesitate to recommend the if you want to get into strobing.

Adrian Fischer
    Brisbane, Australia

Gear: Nikon D80, D300, Nikon 35mm f1.8, 50mm f1.8, 85mm f1.8, 105mm f2.5, 18-200 VR, 70-200 VR, Sigma 28-70mm f2.8, Sigma 50-500, Tonkina 12-24 f4, SB-600, various YongNuo Strobes, various umbrellas, 6 x 300w studio flashes, various softboxes, reflectors, stands, transmitters and receivers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have one of it as well and it definitely works! but.. the saying u get what u pay for is true for this item here.

sometimes its 'hard' to switch it on. by hard meaning ill need to press the ON button a couple of times to get it turned on. but then again after its switched on its fine! build quality is pretty good for something in that price range imo. and recycle times are pretty quick as well.

i wouldnt mind getting another set of it, but if i really had money to spend id opt for maybe.. the Lumopro120 from mpex for better reliability.

unless u need reliability for professional shoots, its pretty good value i guess!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have the 301P transmitter/receiver pair and they work just fine. They're cheap as chips and delivery was just a few days, but don't expect anything fancy like ETTL etc The 301 will fire using wireless or can be triggered by another flash (eg. your onboard flash)

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok thanks for all your advise! They are pretty cheap, so I might give them a try.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colourised View Post
    sometimes its 'hard' to switch it on. by hard meaning ill need to press the ON button a couple of times to get it turned on. but then again after its switched on its fine! build quality is pretty good for something in that price range imo. and recycle times are pretty quick as well.

I have the same problem with my Yongnuo. I use mine with a Cactus V4 wireless trigger and it works fine and I have used it as a slave flash as well. I think for the price it was a good buy - even if I just use it until I can buy another speedlight.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for commenting on this threat again - I coudln't for the life of me remember the brand name that was being discussed while I was in China ....
    Now I might try a couple out myself
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have that brand wireless triggers. So far I can't fault them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    heard that their wireless trigger/remotes RF-602s are pretty well built and reliable too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i have 3 x yn460's and 3 x ctr301p, awesome kit for the price
    Steve Rowlandson
    Http://steven.rowlandson.name
    Canon 1D Mark III & 20D Gripped. A few lenses, flashes n stuff.