Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My princess ..

awwww ...

Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful photo Darren, your Princess has peaceful eyes. Could you clone out the bright spot near her right shoulder? It is very distracting to me.
    Carmen

My Stuff:- Canon 50D l EF 28-80 f2.8-4L
    l EF 100-300 f4-5.6 l Canon 100mm f2.8 macro l Tokina 11-16 f2.8 l Pol. Filter l Flash l Grip l Remote l Tripod l Lightroom 2 l CS3

Constructive Critique of my photos always appreciated

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Carmen... you should see her eyes when I do something to annoy her ... look of death I tell ya

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    great shot darren, love the lighting

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Big D, your usual stuff is technically complex and very professional looking.

Mongo must say, there is something very simple and very pleasing about this great image.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Ausphotography Veteran
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Stunnin photo of a beautiful young woman Darren! I bet she loves it too Well done!!
    Happy to take all constructive Critique, please don't rework or edit my photos. Thanks!

Canon 6D, 2 Canon 50D's gripped, Canon 1000D, Canon 70-200 F2.8 ( non IS),Canon 70-200 2.8, Canon 24-70 2.8, Sigma 85 1.4, Canon 50mm F1.8.. yongnuo speedlights and triggers, and manfrotto tripods.

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mongo View Post
    Big D, your usual stuff is technically complex and very professional looking.

Mongo must say, there is something very simple and very pleasing about this great image.
    agree 100%
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Photographer Extraordinaire
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Beautiful shot Darren. My eyes are drawn immediately to hers (I have always been an eye man). A very attractive young lady so look after her.
    I may have chosen a slightly different crop as the right hand side of the picture tends to draw the eyes away from the main subject matter. Beautifully exposed and a lovely photo, well done.

I have taken the liberty to rework the shot to keep the interest on the subject (my humble opinion) but then, it may not have been what you were trying to achieve. Apart from the crop, I removed the rail on the left hand side (a little distracting), toned down the bright spot on her back.
    Please tell me if I have overstepped the boundaries but offering my suggestions.
    Last edited by jgknight; 15-11-2009 at 10:59am.

The quickest way to make money at photography is to sell your camera - Anonymous

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not at all mate .. I welcome others peoples take on PP and editing. However, in this case I prefer the original. I am a fan of negative space in my compositions, particularly in my portraiture, so I generally will compose with my subject/model sitting somewhere on, or close to, a third in the frame, and especially outdoors with nature/trees/flowers etc as backgrounds. I think by cropping tight in shots like this, you kinda negate the lovely bokeh and tones of the background. Thanks for the comments and suggestions
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 15-11-2009 at 6:41pm.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is this your girlfriend? the subject was taken well, however I agree with john, I prefer the cropped version...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very good shot with a nice angle and light.

Darren are you starting to find your partner and sister calling you Sony by mistake.
    Peter

am wanting to learn, please feel free to rework my photos

Pentax K7 / Cosina 24mm f 2.8 mc / Pentax M 50mm f 1.4/ SMC Tokina M 135mm F2.8/ Pentax 17-70mm F4.0/

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
    Is this your girlfriend? the subject was taken well, however I agree with john, I prefer the cropped version...
    yea mate, she is my girlfriend .. plenty of pictures of her on AP, just search "Bella" ..

yea fair enough about the opinion on the crop, just not to my taste

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prang View Post
    Very good shot with a nice angle and light.

Darren are you starting to find your partner and sister calling you Sony by mistake.
    haha .. they both call me a lot of things mate ..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice image mate. She has a killer smile. I like the empty space, particularly off the back. Only thing that took my eyes away was the cluttered background with the rails and bright spots. I am also wondering why this is in FUN when it's a great Portrait.
    Andrew.
    comments and criticisms are always appreciated.
    Unless I post into the "NOT FOR CRITIQUE" section then the above doesn't apply.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ahhh i dunno mate .. wasnt really sure where to put it to be honest. I suppose it is a posed shot by definition (shes looking at the camera waiting to get her photo taken after all) but to me its candid, probably because of all the "really posed" studio stuff that Ive been doing .. a cute shot of my gf in a park feels really candid to me

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    ahhh i dunno mate .. wasnt really sure where to put it to be honest. I suppose it is a posed shot by definition (shes looking at the camera waiting to get her photo taken after all) but to me its candid, probably because of all the "really posed" studio stuff that Ive been doing .. a cute shot of my gf in a park feels really candid to me
    candid or candy?

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregg Bell View Post
    candid or candy?
    respect mate .. shes not a random model this one