Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FujiFilm S5 Pro Users

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    not particularly a great shot, but just wanted to show how S5 can control highlights in the scene.

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    more snaps from the S5 PRO

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by levi View Post
    @ michael_sa

i like ho you frame your shots. good control on the highlights too.

i guess thats one strength of the S5 (even compared to today's DSLRs).

share some more images!

Cheers mate, thanks.

Sorry I hadn't re-visited this thread.
    The S5's been mostly in work mode rather than play mode lately...

Here is one from a few weekends back though:

(My 'Joey.' Shot near Basham Beach (Middleton, South Australia)
    Fuji S5Pro, 1/400 @ ISO100 & 400% DR, Tamron 17-50/2.8 @ 50mm/f5.6, Fill flash from SB600, TTL -0.7 (on camera))

Been dabbling in a bit of real estate photography recently:

- How's that for an *ensuite*!
    (1/60th, F7.1, ISO400, 400%DR, +1EV, 14mm, a slight levels adjustment but otherwise straight from camera.
    Not so happy about the mirror flare and the barrel distortion needs a bit of correction...)

Here's one from back in March - The lower lakes in SA (Taken at Pt Sturt)

(1/140th, f13, 10mm, ISO100, 400%DR (again - I rarely change from that))

That one's been a bit of a sleeper and when I look at it now, it really gets me in.
    At risk of sounding up myself - It's worth looking at large

It's great to see the output from other S5's
    - Keep 'em coming!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi S5 owners.
    Sorry to dig up an old thread -
    Just back to make another comment about the Fuji. (For those unfamiliar with the Fuji S5Pro, it is built around the Nikon D200 body but with a (very) different CCD sensor and firmware)

Recently I bought myself a second hand D200. I've shot maybe a hundred or so frames with it and the thing that has struck me most, is the amount of overexposed blinky spots I get. It reminds me of my first digital SLR (D50) - This stuff practically never happened with the S5.
    I'm not after exposure coaching with the Nikon, I'm just saying how well - how brilliantly well, the S5 handles itself in those situations.
    It takes shooting with a normal sensor to really appreciate just how good the S5 is at not blowing the whites. They're still an awesome performer.

Michael.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do Fuji still make DSLR's?

I've never seen any for sale for ages.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, the last of the S5's were sold off around late 2008 I believe.
    U'd be quite lucky to find any new S5's and I've certainly not seen any of late.
    Slight rumblings about an S6 recently but I highly doubt it'll happen and even if it does, expect a high intro price although they do seem to be aggressive with their recent p&s pricing.
    It's a shame about fuji. The S5 sensor's essentially the same as an S3 sensor which just goes to show how ahead of the curve they use to be. I've got a sneaky suspicion my 14-24 is out-resolving the S5 sensor n it'd be great to see an up to date fuji sensor improving on resolution and the already class leading DR.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I tried S5 pro for few days and it was great however i would appreciate a S6 or similar. But cannot see it happening anytime soon.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dsaini View Post
    ..... however i would appreciate a S6 or similar. But cannot see it happening anytime soon.
    I'm fairly sure that Fuji have officially pulled out of the professional level camera market, and are going to direct all theior eforts at the more profitable consumer/P&S market where sales are 10 fold greater.

The reason Nikon/Canon/any others can reap any benefit in the DSLR market is parts commonality. One sensor gets passed down from (generally) a high end body down to the lower end bodies over time(ie. D200 and D300 sensors). There's much less development cost involved in doing business this way and the sensor R&D pays itself off over a much longer time frame.
    Fuji only ever had one DSLR in the market at any one time. Sales were low, so the return on investment in R&D and so forth was always low.. i suspect more of a showcase to what they can do with their sensor technology rather than a big profit product.

I'm sure I read an article on DPR a while back where some Fuji bigwig said that they're not producing any more DSLR's.
    You'd have to expect tho that they will maintain a big presence in the sensor tech market, so it'd be interesting to see if they start to compete with Kodak in those terms(where Kodak sell more of the technology they've research, and sensors in the P&S market, and now seem to cater heavily to the larger format camera makers. Woudl be good to have a bit of competition in that segment(from the likes of Fuji) to start driving prioces down even faster.

$2K MF cameras anyone?

Anyhow.. don't quote me on this but I'm sure Fuji have stopped making DSLR's.
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arthurking83 View Post
    $2K MF cameras anyone?
    Yes please. I'd take a MF back for me Contax. I'd even go to $4k

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is one of my favourite all time digital SLRs. Completely reliable and superb colours. Does the job and I am completely amazed by it's DR range too. Here is one to share.

Taken at Anantara, Krabi, Thailand

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12