User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Can RAW files be converted to different colour spaces?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've done a little bit of checking, .dng files don't attach a colour space to the file, but a colour space is used when displaying the file. Which I think means that the program that is being used to display the file, eg lightroom will attach it's default colour space.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks everyone, this is a really helpful discussion.

I have seen people mention ProPhoto colourspace - if I shoot in RAW and then develop using lightroom, can I choose this colourspace, or is it a plug in that needs to be sourced from elsewher - or does it only refer to the monitor colours?

Still a little confused about colour spaces - but its good to know that RAW images are unaffected by the colourspace selection in-camera - I was concerned that my 7D only had 2 selections, but if shooting in RAW it appears that doesn't matter.

Cheers

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Using ProPhoto is fine, as long as you have no intention of printing it until someone puts an approapriate printer on the market. You will be very disappointed with the results, severe flattening of colours, particularly in the yellow/red area of the gamut. Some pro labs can print from ARGB files (VisionImageLab in Sydney), I would imagine there would be one near you or you could do it over the interweb.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123