Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Repair of grey import 40D by Canon Aus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Glad to be of help, Raoul Keep us posted on how you go with your own 40D repairs - interested to hear how it turns out.
    *DELETED : Members with under 50 posts OR 30 days membership are not allowed to complain about service or products on Ausphotography : See the Site Rules *
    Last edited by ricktas; 16-07-2010 at 5:50pm.
    "The greatest camera in the world is the one you hold in your hands when shit happens." ©2007 Raoul Isidro

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RaoulIsidro View Post
    *DELETED : Members with under 50 posts OR 30 days membership are not allowed to complain about service or products on Ausphotography : See the Site Rules *
    Looking forward to hearing how your repair went with Canon Aust when your probationary time is up

Not long to wait now .....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Rather than "good customer service" which was the effect, I would take a more cynical view (having had a little experience with legal departments in local technology companies owned by overseas parents).

Much better to put you in a position to publicly post this:

However, for some reason they never clearly explained to me, they considered the camera's failure to be 'electronic' rather than a manufacturing fault, and hence their general counsel considered the failure to fall outside the remit of the Trade Practices Act.
    Rather than allowing you to state this:

"Canon said that they have liability under the TPA, and they decided to fix it free".
    The second option potentially opens the floodgates, the first option allows them to continue denying liability to other claimants, particularly in the light of the fact that you had to pay something.

Some say "customer service", I say "CYA"

Ausphotography Regular
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maccaroneski View Post
    Rather than "good customer service" which was the effect, I would take a more cynical view (having had a little experience with legal departments in local technology companies owned by overseas parents).

Much better to put you in a position to publicly post this:

Rather than allowing you to state this:

The second option potentially opens the floodgates, the first option allows them to continue denying liability to other claimants, particularly in the light of the fact that you had to pay something.

Some say "customer service", I say "CYA"
    I suspect that if you had been physically listening to me telling the story, you would have picked up on an element of cynicism in my voice which, it would appear, doesn't permeate with the written word...
    Richard
    Canon 5D4 & 7D2 | 11-24 f/4 L | 24-105 f/4 L | 100-400 L II | 85 f/1.2 L | 35 f/1.4 L II | 100 f/2.8 L macro | MP-E 65 f/2.8 macro | 1.4x | 580EX2 | MT-24 Twin Lite | Manfrotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just wanted to toss in a side note. I bought a 580 flash from a grey importer in North Sydney. It had problems within the first month. I took it back, they sent it to Canon and paid the repair cost. It was neat and simple. I will certainly buy grey again.
    Using a 7d or a s95
    Advice and Edits welcome
    http://adamrose.wordpress.com/ [/CENTER]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12