0 Thread(s)
    I see new OS Mountain Lion is out now, $20.99

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by davsv1 View Post
    I see new OS Mountain Lion is out now, $20.99
    Yeah, I installed on launch day. Flawless install, select destination and walk away that's pretty much it. If you are wanting to make a bootable USB/DVD to install on other Macs to save on downloading again, you'll need to do before you start the install.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    got my first mac a month ago , im a fan
    I've done so many things I'm not proud of...and the things I am proud of are disgusting. ~Moe, The Simpsons

http://Grae-and-co-images.com/

canon 5dmk 2, some lenses, a couple of sticks to hold them up, a thing that make sun at night, and a sense of adventure

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Forevernowphotography View Post
    dont like the macs they always feel a bit to cheaply put toghter, have thought of buying a mac before but always end up getting the pc, have just pought a monster of a machine, with all the latest bits and i couldnt be happier, it runs so fast and smooth. couldnt ever imagine going to a mac, even thought every one keeps telling me to.
    Agree to a point...I have had windows for as long as I remember as I thought Macs were to expensive and wouldn't run all my software. I, never thought Macs looked cheap. Then when they introduced the intel machines, I bought my first Mac and I must say it is a dream to use and I just love it. The 27" makes the photos on here look amazing.
    D 7000. Basic 18-55, 70-300 and 50mm f/1.8D lenses.

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've worked in this industry for long enough to know that in general Macs are just the better way to go.

The real argument here is Windows vs OSX and there is very, very little that Windows does better than OSX (and for the out dated IT people reading along, just because you don't know how to do it on a mac doesn't mean it cant be done).

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrBling View Post
    I've worked in this industry for long enough to know that in general Macs are just the better way to go.

The real argument here is Windows vs OSX and there is very, very little that Windows does better than OSX (and for the out dated IT people reading along, just because you don't know how to do it on a mac doesn't mean it cant be done).
    And this is supposed to carry weight? Leaden, perhaps!
    It's basically saying that mere assertions carry water. Vapour! All vapour!

I 4 1, am not convinced - of whatever it is you're trying to push.

Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which industry?

What products are lining your pockets?

Many people are driven through self interest ----
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Show me a photo/document/spreadsheet etc that you can process on a Mac that you cannot do the same thing with on a PC. It is the end result that counts, not the way it was produced. I don't care if your photos are processed on a Mac or taken with an Olympus, it is how the user works with their gear to produce a good resultant photo.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the question has no right or wrong answer. Use what suites your needs. It's like trying to determine what's better iPad, Google Nexus 7 or Win 8 Surface Pro. Different things for different needs. Having choice is a win for consumers.

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nogi View Post
    I've said it before and I'll say it again, the question has no right or wrong answer. Use what suites your needs. It's like trying to determine what's better iPad, Google Nexus 7 or Win 8 Surface Pro. Different things for different needs. Having choice is a win for consumers.
    Sure, tell me another one. Next thing you'll tell me Nikon isn't the best camera.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mac shmacs; Win doze - meh!
    No big deal either way.
    You can get more grunt for your $$ from a PC simply because you can build your own hardware if you know how.

Excellent photo & video processing software is available on either platform.

If you're into games then PC hands down.

PS: I've worked in IT since the 70's -- mainframes, mini's, big iron unix, PCs, you name it. I've worked with MACs, PCs and Linux.
    I also keep this site running
    Last edited by Kym; 17-08-2012 at 12:36am.
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff

Formerly user: Arzuhl
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Had Windows machines for many years, bagged the hell out of anyone with a Mac (basically out of ignorance) switched to Mac a year ago, now have 27"iMac, running OSX and Bootcamp for Windows (gameplay), 13" MacBook Pro, iPhone and Apple TV, so I guess you could say an Apple convert. Will i switch back again........... no way.
    Cheers.
    Cameras: Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D gripped.
    Lenses: 24mmmm f1.4 L, 24-105mm f4 L, 50mm f1.2 L, 85mm f1.2 II L, 70-200 f2.8 L IS II
    Flash: Canon 600 EX RT.
    Tripod: Manfrotto 190CX Pro3, Manfrotto Automatic Monopod, Manfrotto 498RC2 Ball Head.
    Bank Manager: Unhappy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graham, I am in the same boat, but just a bit behind you, except that I have never been particularly pro-Windoze. I preferred to use Linux instead.

About three months ago, I bought a 27" iMac i7 suitably specced-up with 12GB RAM and a 2TB hard disk, because I couldn't get enough decent photo-editing software running under Linux and wasn't ready to move to the "Dark Side" yet. - It (the iMac) is absolutely bloody wonderful. I am so impressed with it that I have just ordered myself a MacBook Pro with Retina display for processing photos when I am away from home.

Now waiting eagerly for my new toy to arrive! :-)
    Last edited by griffljg; 30-09-2012 at 3:31pm.
    Cheers

Larry
    _______________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Canon EOS 6D | EF 24-70mm 1:2.8 L II USM | EF 24-105mm 1:4 L IS USM | EF 100-400 1:4.5-5.6 L IS | Speedlight 600EX-RT
    Olympus OM-D E-M1 | Olympus OM-D E-M1 Mk II | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-40mm f/2.8 PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 12-100mm f/4 IS PRO | Olympus M.Zuiko DIGITAL 7-14mm f/2.8 PRO | Panasonic LUMIX G Leica DG Vario-Elmar 100-400mm F4.0-6.3 ASPH | Misc 4/3 lenses

Account Closed at member's request
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffljg View Post
    Graham, I am in the same boat, but just a bit behind you, except that I have never been particularly pro-Windoze. I preferred to use Linux instead.

About three months ago, I bought a 27" iMac i7 suitably specced-up with 12GB RAM and a 2TB hard disk, because I couldn't get enough decent photo-editing software running under Linux and wasn't ready to move to the "Dark Side" yet. - It (the iMac) is absolutely bloody wonderful. I am so impressed with it that I have just ordered myself a MacBook Pro with Retina display for processing photos when I am away from home.

Now waiting eagerly for my new toy to arrive! :-)
    That's next on my list. Will probably be getting one in a month or two. The retina macbook pros look amazing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    Show me a photo/document/spreadsheet etc that you can process on a Mac that you cannot do the same thing with on a PC. It is the end result that counts, not the way it was produced. I don't care if your photos are processed on a Mac or taken with an Olympus, it is how the user works with their gear to produce a good resultant photo.
    Very true. I run Linux exclusively, and use Darktable and GIMP for PP. Notwithstanding being able to look at EXIF data, you wouldn't be able to tell which platform I used to produce a given image (and my clients couldn't care less!). It's either good or it is not. It doesn't matter what you used to produce it.

Please don't hesitate to provide me with CC! I'd love to hear your thoughts regarding any of my images. Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My MacBook Pro with Retina display arrived earlier this week while I was attending an Engineers conference at which I was both a delegate and the official photographer. I used this as an opportinity to test the MacBook in processing photos on site during breaks in the presentations.

Wow! The qulity of the new Retina display is absolutely amazing and the processing speed is mind-blowingly quick too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Try googling Hackintosh, build a mac at half the cost with twice the speed and power.
    The fastest way to a man's heart is through his chest with a sharp knife
    Canon 50D,
    Tamron 70-200 f/2.8, A very bright light, EF 50 f1.8, Tamron 17-50 f2.8

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by griffljg View Post
    Wow! The qulity of the new Retina display is absolutely amazing and the processing speed is mind-blowingly quick too.
    Samsung have developed a display with 4x the pixel density of the Apple retina displays. We should start seeing the Samsung displays during 2013.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Can I change my vote? Having been a PC user since the MS-DOS days (even further back to a commodore VIC 20), I have just made the switch to an iMac 27" 3.4 GHz. Let the very steep learning curve begin. I've managed to get Lightroom and all my photos and catalogue over, so that's a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After installing Mac OS X on my drive D to see what the hype is about I would most likely stay with windows. I come from the days of CPM z80 based cpu's, MS-Dos, apple 2's, vic-20 and had the joy of owning a 128k Machintosh. Also that great little aussie gem MicroBee

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast