Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help with nik viveza software

Hullo bigdazzler and all Viveza users out there

I have a Mac, version 10.6.1

A couple of weeks ago I installed Viveza into Lightroom 2.

In using Viveza today for the first time I have come up with a hiccup -just seems to be ignorance on my part, but I need somebody to advise what I am doing wrong.

When I click on the control point to add to the photo, a plus (+) sign comes up. Then clicking on the control points on the photo , the plus sign remains, this causes the photo to zoom out. I have checked the viveza videos and see there should be an arrow not a plus sign. No matter how many times I watch the video , to view how it is done - I cannot achieve transferring the control points to the photo without the photo zooming out - this is because of this stupid plus (+) sign

What am doing or not doing that produces the + sign No matter what I do I am unable to revert back to the original size photo. I have to close down Viveza for the photo to revert back to the unzoom position.

I also notice when this happens the Loupe view becomes the navigator view - Can't find how to revert to the Loupe view either .

I feel so frustrated

Hopefully you can understand from the description above what I mean.

Looking forward to your assistance.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Hope you get an answer, I use viveza inside PS, not lightroom (even though I have the lightroom version installed).
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi sue, this very same thing happened to me many months ago with a trial version(I think). I gave up in frustration. I was using it in Photoshop. I'll watch this thread and see if you get an answer
    Good luck
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Maybe whip a support query off to Nik?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dbax View Post
    Hi sue, this very same thing happened to me many months ago with a trial version(I think). I gave up in frustration. I was using it in Photoshop. I'll watch this thread and see if you get an answer
    Good luck
    Ditto...never did figure it out either

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    weird, I just checked my viveza and when I put a control point on, it automatically gives me all the options (ie. brightness, contrast etc.) Don't know what's happening there. Sorry
    NIGH -KON

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Think youre in zoom mode ...

When youre in zoom mode your cursor will display a little magnifying glass on the image with a + sign in the middle. Just click off the magnifying glass ( i usually go to the arrow icon) and then when you add a control point you will get the cross hair controller for adjustments.
    Last edited by bigdazzler; 28-10-2009 at 9:50pm.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Account Closed
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Darren

I must apologise for not thanking you before this for your input

regards

Sue