Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Show us your BIG things

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Show us your BIG things

Ok, now I've got your attention, we probably all have photos of Aussie Icon BIG things, Big Banana, Big Pineapple, Big Merino etc. Why not post them here and let us know where they are.
    This is a BIG Avocado on the Highway near Murwillumbah Northern NSW
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I actually don't think I have a photo off anything big will remember next time though to take a pic of a couple of local big things that are about - we have a big golfball outside a shop lol
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL! .. every time the topic of Big Things pops up, I'm reminded of a trip to QLD I did many years ago.
    We somehow ended up at this Mystery Craters theme park(somewhere near Rockhampton if memory serves me OK)
    There were indeed a few mysterious craters within the compound, and there were also two figures of two very unlikely animals also present in the park compound.
    One was a very strangely proportioned T-Rex(why they had a T-Rex as a display was fully beyond my comprehension of prehistoric life in 'Gondwana'(I don't remember reading any info on the appearance of T-Rex's in these lands during their lifetimes! ) .. and the size of the fearsome beast was about 6 foot.. normal human height!.. I thought they stood at about 15feet or more!?
    The other anomaly in the park was the 'giant' whale... first thing I though was, well what other size do whales come?? Whether deliberate or not, the actual size of this fibreglass/plaster/concrete/?? construction was about 1/4 scale of an actual whale ... I remember leaving the park feeling somewhat 'ripped off', which says a lot for the value for money aspect of the entrance fee!.... at only $1!
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is NOT the Big Pineapple, but rather another large pineapple a bit further north in Gympie.
    Alas, apparently it was sold and no longer exists at this site (and I presume, at all).

Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Pretty sure this is the BIG SHEEP, W.A on the way to Bremer Bay, down South.

Tim
    Tim | Capturing God's Creation

Canon 7D | Tokina 11-16 F/2.8 | Canon 400 F/5.6 | Canon 50 F/1.8 | Manfrotto CF Tripod | Cokin Z GND Filters | Lowepro 400AW | GoPro Hero 2 | Kwik Camo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    WAGIN'S a long way from Bremer Tim.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ahh that's right, thanks Searover, it was taken at Wagin (pronounced WAY-GIN, not WAG-IN) as you say, as we were on the way to Bremer Bay.

Tim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Somewhere deep in the archives I have images of the giant Crayfish at Kingston, the giant Galah at Kimba, the Big Orange in the riverland...even a giant vacuum cleaner on top of the Electrolux store....but for now north of Adelaide a giant Roach and Rat

Who me?
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    never knew about that giant Roach?
    I'm laughing, when we lived in the Illawarra (NSW) at Robertson there was a giant potato gotta say it looked alot like a giant dog had dropped a giant something.......never did get a shot of it