User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: First Shots With My 50D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First Shots With My 50D

Wasn't sure where to post this and I've been having fun so here looked like a good spot.

This is my first DSLR and I've taken a liking to AV mode. All shots in normal Jpeg. No editing, just resizing.

Haven't had a chance to get out so these are some shots from home. I prefer not to use flash inside if I can and both internal shots just use natural light. The external shots are taken under my back patio as it's been quite windy so the cameras also in a darkish spot.

I haven't spent a great deal of time with the lenses but I gotta say the Nifty Fifty could have me a prime man in no time at all.

50mm 1/60 F2.8 ISO 320

Crop

Crop

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    70-300 @ 300mm 1/400 F5.6 ISO 250

70-300 @ 300mm 1/400 F5.6 ISO 500

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice shots to kick off with, yeah theyre not prize winners but isnt it great to have a half decent camera. i got my 50D this week too after 15 months with a 400D and the difference is significant.. helps to have better lenses now too .

Ive found my way around most of the features but Im still figuring out how to do the erase all on the memory card when I want to clear it - crickie the back up battery and memory card (8G) and CPL and UV and remote shooter cost abit too eh - oh well, have it all sorted now and we can share the joys of the 50D with the world..look forward to seeing more of your shots soon - get out there and get some
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My fav shot would get me divorced if I posted it. Nothing rude but the wife doesn't like it. The clarity of this one shot amazes me. Cropped it down and you can see my reflection in her eyes.

The filter things got me. I'm more looking at the Hoya HD protection filters at the moment as being this new to DSLR I want to make sure I protect the lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Nice set of photos to kick of with, the Canon 50d is a great camera and the 50 lens looks like it is a good one.

Good luck with it Pete
    Peter

am wanting to learn, please feel free to rework my photos

Pentax K7 / Cosina 24mm f 2.8 mc / Pentax M 50mm f 1.4/ SMC Tokina M 135mm F2.8/ Pentax 17-70mm F4.0/