I have been a PC user always. These Apple computers do sound enticing however, even though they are expensive. I just priced an iMac Pro and it came to $27 000, but I guess I really didn't need four graphic cards and 32Gb of RAM. I have been looking at the Mac Mini, and it looks like a great little desktop computer. My current PC is, by no means, a stellar performer, but I did throw a $1000 video card in it about 18 months ago, along with another two gig of ram (i now have 4gb). It has got a bottom of the range core duo or something in it and a generic 7200rpm hard drive.

The Mini Mac that I have priced up is cheap, but it won't take anymore upgrades. It has a 2.26 core 2 duo, 4gb ram, 320gb 5200rpm drive.

My questions: will the Mac Mini perform at least as quickly as my current PC, and be able to competantly run my PC versions of Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS3? Would Aperture 2 be a better option on a Mac? Would my Samsung Sync Master 226BW monitor connect seemlessly to the Mini? What is iWork like compared to Office, and can I sync my iPod Touch to iWork? Anything else I should know?

Thanks in advance for any help.