User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: 64 or 32 bit OS for CS4 and Lightroom?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

64 or 32 bit OS for CS4 and Lightroom?

I am not sure which way to go with a upgrade, I will tell you what I have been told the different s are, please put me straight if wrong.

1. 64 bit let,s you use more than 3 gigs of ram.

2. CS4 is set to run 64 bit.

3 64 bit is still lacking in drivers and compatibility problems with older stuff.

4. 32 bit with 3 gig of ram is easily enough to run CS4 and Lightroom.

Cheers
    Peter

am wanting to learn, please feel free to rework my photos

Pentax K7 / Cosina 24mm f 2.8 mc / Pentax M 50mm f 1.4/ SMC Tokina M 135mm F2.8/ Pentax 17-70mm F4.0/

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Prang. Pretty much what I heard. Could be an accident! I'm going to install Win7 64-bit and CS4 on a separate HDD and dual boot with Win XP. I want to use the 64-bit apps for processing speed, the rest I can do in XP. I'm getting another 2GB RAM to total 4GB on my P4Quad. (An imminent project, but I don't know when.) Am...
    PS - I forgot to say, a whole heap of Win 7 installation options are in the Nov 2009 APC - Australian Personal Computer, also available on-line.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Prang, if you go to Amazon books and search Lightroom 2 or CS4 and look inside the books a lot of them have a detailed explanation of the system requirements for 64 bit. They talk about speed, RAM requirements (eg. 8 gig and up) etc. Hope this helps.
    Carmen

My Stuff:- Canon 50D l EF 28-80 f2.8-4L
    l EF 100-300 f4-5.6 l Canon 100mm f2.8 macro l Tokina 11-16 f2.8 l Pol. Filter l Flash l Grip l Remote l Tripod l Lightroom 2 l CS3

Constructive Critique of my photos always appreciated

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Prang me again. I had a quick look and the best book I read is REAL WORLD CS4. On amazon books (look inside) go to first few pages of book after contents and you can read the detailed description of system requirements. It's an eye opener.

Serial Truant....
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I can vouch for 64bit OS (on a quad core CPU) and lots of Ram (8Gb in my case). CS4 flies on this configuration, I'm using Vista ultimate 64 about to upgrade to Win7.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks All there is some great reading there, I will go through it tonight and it also helped my next question about quad core systems.