Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Fujifilm?

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fujifilm?

Anyone used Fujifilm Sensia, or superia? what's it like? any recommendations for architecture, landscape and portrait shots?

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They are both excellent films. Sensia is in their pro range, from memory, and Superia is a 'consumer' film, but I may have that wrong, working from memory. I used Fuji transparency film almost exclusively for about the last 5-7 years of film photography. Good and consistent colour over various batches.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MOngo does not use colour film - only B/W for that.

Mongo still likes to use Fujichrome colour slide film
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've used Fuji Superia 400. Bought about 20 rolls from Walmart while I was in the US, it is quite saturated but you can get some good results. I have used it for architecture and it is probably not the best for outdoor as you either end up with low contrast shots or over-saturated photos. The other alternative consumer film is Kodak 200 which is also good and the colours are less saturated (but I find that you need to be more accurate with your exposure due to the grain characteristics).

Last edited by wongyboi; 13-10-2009 at 5:58pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've shot quite a bit of superia 100 over the last couple of years after acquiring a bulk lot cheaply. (All 35mm). I find it a good general purpose film that has quite vibrant colours but naturally with print film, you lab has a lot to do with the end result.
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    superior is not in the pro range, that goes to the 160s vs the superia reala 100, or the 400x vs the superia 400. many people prefer the superior 400 for portraits, as the pallette is for skin tones. i love the sharpness of the 400x, especially when it is pushed. i personally love the superia reala. here are a couple of shot samples of each film:

Superia 400

Superia Reala 100

btw, superia reala 100 is negative film, whilst superia 400 is chrome