Just completed a slide show with musical background for a family 60th birthday celebration and rather pleased with it even if I do say so myself But the only real problem being is everybodys DVD/Blueray player or PC seems to only play certain disc types which is a problem.

I can view the slideshow nicely on my DVD player and telly and PC by burning onto CD-R, nothing else seems to work in mine but this disc type even though it's meant to play a wide range of discs . Now it seems the CD-R wont play on the birthday persons DVD player/TV and wondering what I should burn to to cover all bases, if there is any such thing.

I'm just leaving now to photograph a dance show and am confident I will get some excellent images. I would like to burn all images to discs including a slideshow version I will put together....but what disc type do I burn to so all bases are covered ? Obviously there must be a standard across the board so we can all listen to music, watch movies etc etc...or is there some aspect in the disc burning process I'm missing....taa for some info