User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Photography editing: Do a course or teach yourself ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photography editing: Do a course or teach yourself ?

If you were starting out with photoshop or lightroom or one of the other software programs right now because after a year or so of avoiding doing much in the way of image post processing you decided you need to catch up with the 21st Century, get with the program, and learn how to 'edit' your images, how would you do it ?

Would you,

A. Sign up for one of those Photoshop for Dummies courses that can cost some serious money,

B. Find a course online and go for 'self paced learning',

C. Just buy the program and muddle your way through it over time or

D. Other and what would your 'other' be ?

The reason I am asking is because some people on AP new to photography like me want to learn how to do post processing but will struggle with shelling out alot of money for the software (Photoshop, Lightroom etc), then balk at having to shell out a heap more money to pay some professional in a TAFE course or Online course that can cost as much.

People who have been doing post shoot editing on various programs might have an opinion on what they would do if they were starting out right now- we newbies with no clue might learn from your experiences.
    Last edited by David; 10-10-2009 at 2:13pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922