User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Birding around Hobart

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Birding around Hobart

After viewing a number of the bird images here and elsewhere I am now curious to get out and give this a go. Especially with my new lens acquisition.

Is there any bird photographers here that could give me an idea of some of the popular places around Hobart?
    ------------------------------------
    Cheers
    David

'If you wish to edit an image Please ask first"

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The lagoon out at Austins Ferry is good. There are usually some good parrots, and even the occasional hawk up the domain (but beware there are some areas up there that are dubious - strange ppl wandering around - I have come across people doing drugs etc - so avoid it now).
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ricktas View Post
    The lagoon out at Austins Ferry is good. There are usually some good parrots, and even the occasional hawk up the domain (but beware there are some areas up there that are dubious - strange ppl wandering around - I have come across people doing drugs etc - so avoid it now).
    THanks Rick, i'll cross the Domain off the list then. I had totally forgot about the lagoon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Risdon Vale Dam might be another option, but not sure about the birding population, did see a bird of prey pluck a mouse and carry it away the other day coming into work
    C&C most welcome, please if reworks are made post what adjustments etc have been made so I can learn from them

Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also along the Derwent River(both sides) between Bridgewater and New Norfolk. Alot of Hawks, a sea eagle and have seen one Wedgy, damn big one too