Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Photoshop cs3 help needed !!

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photoshop cs3 help needed !!

Technical help needed with CS3. Mongo uninstalled it with a view to later reinstalling it. However, he now finds out that you MUST DEACTIVATE IT BEFORE UNINSTALLING IT. The instructions are ridiculous - they tell you about doing this AFTER they talk about uninstalling it.

How can I reload the program from the original Adobe CD or from my other computer that still has it installed. The license is for 2 computers and they have both been operating corrected for nearly a year before Mongo uninstalled it from one othe computers yesterday. Tried going back to "restore point in time" to one week earlier - no help - says it has a license failure in the "AMT".

Mongo is going out for a while to get over the frustration before he performs an ELVIS (with a suitably sized gun) on his monitor. Hope there may be help when he looks in on AP later. Thanks people.
    Last edited by mongo; 27-09-2009 at 10:36am.
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    I think if you call Adobe on Monday, there is a reasonably easy fix for this, but you need the instructions from them, cause they ask a few questions about your licence etc when you call.

Adobe Systems Pty. Ltd.

Tower B, Level 13,
    821 Pacific Highway,
    Chatswood, NSW 2067
    Australia
    Tel: +61 2 9778 4100
    Fax: +61 2 9778 4190
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick & Mongo. I have the same problem, silly system this Adobe?
    Carmen

My Stuff:- Canon 50D l EF 28-80 f2.8-4L
    l EF 100-300 f4-5.6 l Canon 100mm f2.8 macro l Tokina 11-16 f2.8 l Pol. Filter l Flash l Grip l Remote l Tripod l Lightroom 2 l CS3

Constructive Critique of my photos always appreciated

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you may have to also download and run a little program to totally remove all PS3 items from your computer before re installation, I had to do this after my computer crashed last year, pretty sure the instructions are on the Adobe site.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A phone call to Adobe should get you on the right track

Had a similar problem after a crash, just rang explained what was doing and they fixed there and then
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks guys - all roads seem to lead to Adobe - hope they get it fixed fast and do not muck me about.

R.IP Alan. You will be missed!
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Adobe

Gday..try and find a file called amtlib.dll which is the activation file..if thats still there that my be the problem

never happened to me on 3 but they did have problems with the earlier ones from my experience

Alan!
    Canon Gear lenses tripod and enthusiasm "Photography is 90% good lighting and mostly the rest doesnt matter as long as it is in a 5 minute bracket morning and evening" regards Alan!