Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV vs AV Mode

Darksome wrote: No I haven't tried TV mode ever to be honest, perhaps I should do some experimentation and see how it comes up compared to shooting in AV. Thanks for the tip.

Until I learned to revisit and appreciate the other modes on my 350D was until recently a full M junky!

As I have discovered and to my understanding:
    [edited]TV Mode lets you lock in the Shutter Speed and varies the Aperture automatically for you.
    [edited] AV Mode lets you lock in the Aperture and varies the Shutter Speed automatically for you.
    TV is great for most applications for me as I normally know what DOF I need, if I see the SS is too low then I make bigger aperture (lets more light in) or increase the ISO.

TV lets me shoot in varying light conditions from shade to bright light easily which is what can occur in shooting nature, sport and other applications. I used to find noise a problem as I would often underexpose - not anymore!

That's my tip for the week, insert $2 in the slot below.

|
    |
    Last edited by enduro; 17-04-2007 at 10:35pm.
    "Nature photography is about choosing a location, crawling through dirt, being bitten by insects and occasionally taking a great image". - Wayne Eddy.

Canon 5D MkIII, Canon 7D, 17-40mm f/4L,
    24-105mm f/4L
    + Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L IS +400mm f/5.6L + Canon 1.4xTC + Canon 100 EF f2.8 USM + 430-EX