Hi folks,
I have decided to take the plunge into film and have been reading up a fair bit about it.
I have all but decided to purchase into the Contax 645 system.
I know the system has been discontinued and all but it seem to get good reviews all round. I'm looking to purchase it in its kit form with the 80mm f2 lens, and a grip if available and maybe adding the 120 or 140mm.

I actually like the 6X6 format better and was looking at Hassleblad but the Hassleblad AF gear seem too expensive at the moment. I wouldn't mind manual focus only but I'm a little apprehensive, being only used to AF on my digital gear. So Contax 645 seem like a good stepping stone being AF as well as very good for MF from what I've read. The Zeiss lens are also highly rated.
Otherwise maybe go with the Hassleblad 500 series and learn to MF and work with the waist level finder. I was in the shops the other day and had a play with the blad and the waist level finder takes some getting use to. I'm also not confident in getting my focus spot on.
I think I will avoid 6X7 because all the 67 gear I've seen are massive.

I'd appreciate any advice before I start going bid-crazy on fleabay.

I was also thinking of picking up an F100 so I can use my existing F-mount lens but the advice I keep getting is go medium format. The other choice I have is 35mm but rangefinder style with an M6 or something but I'm still leaning towards the Contax.
I prefer to spend <$2000 as an initial investment.