User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Digital World International

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I used them to by my 5D M II it was about $700 cheaper than anywhere in Aus, I will be using them again
    Always willing to Learn
    Canon 400D,5D MII Canon 70-200 f/2.8,Canon 100mm Macro f/2.8,Canon 24-104 f/4,Canon 17-40 f/4,Canon 15mm Fish Eye f/2.8,70-300 f/4,Speedlite 430ex & 580ex II,Canon 2x extender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the plunge after reading ALL of 54 pages on Whirlpool, bought the 50mm f/1.4 from them. Waiting to be shipped.

Will keep forum updated!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Received 5 minutes ago

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    wow that was quick lol - I'm about to put in a big order with them after next pay
    Call me Dylan! www.everlookphotography.com | www.everlookphotography.wordpress.com | www.flickr.com/photos/dmtoh
    Canon EOS R5, : 16-35mm F4 L, 70-200F4 canon L, 24-70mm 2.8IIcanon L, Sirui tripod + K20D ballhead + RRS ballhead. |Sony A7r2 + Laowa 12mm F2.8, Nisi 15mm F4
    Various NiSi systems : Currently using switch filter and predominantly 6 stop ND, 10 stop ND, 3 stop medium GND
    Post : Adobe lightroom classic CC : Photoshop CC. Various actions for processing and web export

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kptn82 View Post
    could say that you got rather quick service then!
    please ask before PP my images

"Life is what happens to you while your busy making other plans"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just got an LX3 for my mother, with extras, ordered Tuesday, it arrived in Penguin,Tas yesterday morning. It would have taken longer from Melbourne. Just be aware of the credit card and paypal surcharges.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I want to order a lens from them, but what happens if I'm not home when the courier arrives?
    I can call them Mon to find out, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime, just in case anyone know the answer..
    flickr

C+C welcome and appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerry View Post
    I want to order a lens from them, but what happens if I'm not home when the courier arrives?
    I can call them Mon to find out, but thought I'd ask here in the meantime, just in case anyone know the answer..
    They would leave a call card and you have to pick it up from their depot
    Wayne

Canon 7D and stuff
    Olympus OMD - EM10

https://www.flickr.com/photos/34371137@N03/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends who the couriers are, ours will attempt a redelivery once, if you call and arrange a time.

Ausphotography Regular wideangle's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Check with who they pass it onto once it gets to Australia. Most will call once and leave a card, you then call them and make a time to go and pick it up from the depot, or let them know when you will be in at your place receive it.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My item about a month ago came with Fedex who work in conjunction with Australian Air Express in regiional areas. AAE then palm it off to Aus Post if it is out of town. I watched the Fedex website and when it said delivered and I didn't have it I got worried. I tracked it down with some phone calls and found it in Ballarat central post office.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by etherial View Post
    My item about a month ago came with Fedex who work in conjunction with Australian Air Express in regiional areas. AAE then palm it off to Aus Post if it is out of town. I watched the Fedex website and when it said delivered and I didn't have it I got worried. I tracked it down with some phone calls and found it in Ballarat central post office.
    Fedex tracking is not very accurate I have found, mum's camera was still in Alexandria supposedly when the courier rang the doorbell.
    Not so much of a worry as long as it turns up I spose.
    Cheers, Lani.
    Bodies: Nikon D700, D300 Primes: Nikon 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4G, 105mm VR 2.8, 300mm f4. Zooms: Nikon 14-24 2.8, 24-70 2.8, 70-200VR II 2.8, Sigma 10-20mm Processing: Photoshop CS5 extended, LR 3.2.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thats right, as long as it arrives all is good. Mine showed it was in Sydney one minute and delivered the next. It was worrying though because it came up as being delivered and signed for by someone with the same name as my neighbor! So I spent a while trying to get hold of them and find it, and when they didn't have it calling Fedex and they had no idea. Took quite a few hours or worry and frustration to figure out where it was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks - good to know..Would be happy to pick it up from the local PO or AAE as I work at the airport..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just called DWI to enquire about the availability of the lens and if it could be left at my local PO if I'm not home when it arrives...My call was answered immediately and the guy on the phone was very obliging...Have ordered the Tamron 28-75...Will let you know how the transaction goes...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My lens has just arrived - 48 hours almost to the minute!
    Very impressed and would definitely do business with again
    Now to go and play with my new toy before taking it to Cambodia next week!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i've also been following that whirlpool thread about DWI, been thinking about getting some lens and maybe a 7D body from them.

im not sure how Mack warranty works though, as thats one thing im worried when buying a grey import

Account Closed
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember with Canon glass there is an international warranty, so grey import or not doesnt matter.

I purchased an FZ35 from them just before christmas, opened it up and it was DOA, sent it to their ATECH servicing mob and got a new one asap.

If anyone has any doubts about DWI dont, even though warranty is more of an issue then just taking it into the store you purchased it from some of the savings are too hard to say no to.

Got myself a 50D and 50mm f/1.8 a while back for $1107, was quoted almost $1600 for the body alone from a local camera dealer... Crazy Stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I give em the thumbs up, I recently bought a 70-400, 100 macro, F-58AM flash and some filters from them. It arrived in no time at all, with a note saying one filter was currently out of stock and would be delivered as soon as new stock arrived. It was delivered within a week. Also they sent a wrong filter with the 70-400, they paid the postage to return the incorrect filter to them and also gave me the option of a refund as the correct filter is out of stock but I figured I'll just wait as they have said it should arrive next week. As for warrenty side of things .... well if had bought these items locally it would have cost me almost double, so I figure even if something went horribly wrong, I'd still be in front.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast