User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Picasa 3 to PS Elements 7

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Picasa 3 to PS Elements 7

I'm currently using Picasa 3 for all of my images (approx 1000 or so) and i'm thinking of getting PS Elements 7, my question is when i transfer/upload my images from Picasa to PSE 7 will they be uploaded with the editing intact or will i have to re-work again once they're in Elements?
    I hope that makes some kind of sense, i am a newbie and as far as software goes i've only ever had hands on with Picasa 3.

Hopefully that's an easy one for someone,
    Any feedback greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Bit confused about your question. Do you mean do the layers remain intact that you have in Picasa? Cause if you mean will your saved JPG file look the same, yes, cause JPG files cannot have layers, they are just one image, saved, and can be opened in any photo software and will look the same. Or are you saving layered files in TIF format etc, and want to know if those layers will remain intact?
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for that Rick, it's just the JPG files i was wondering about - they're all just images from a P&S on auto.
    Just purchased my first dslr last week (D90) and i'm really enjoying getting out of my comfort zone and learning the semi-manual and manual modes,i've got alot to learn with the camera and with the photo software but i'm having alot of fun in the process and that's the most important thing.
    Thanks again for the reply- you guys make the learning curve enjoyable and alot easier.
    Cheers.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Yep, JPG is just a filetype, viewable in all editing software.

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I strongly recommend you work the New To Photography Learning Centre plan. It will be the fastest way to get your head around the D90.
    As soon as you move from jpeg to raw the better (the plan will get you there is a systematic manner)
    regards, Kym Gallery Honest & Direct Constructive Critique Appreciated! ©
    Digital & film, Bits of glass covering 10mm to 500mm, and other stuff