User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  2

Thread: Resizing Photos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Resizing Photos

It is really frustrating me that I can't upload a picture due to the file dimension being currently 1600 x 1200 and is meant to be 1024 x 1024.
    Now I hate to admit it, but I only have Photoshop Adobe Elements, and when I go to resize the photo, the pixel dimensions are set to 1600 x 1200 and I can't change them.
    Is there any way of fixing this, because this never seems to happen to any other photos I go to resize, or are there any other ways of resizing?

Help would be very much appreciated

Jess
    Jess Jane

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you can also resize images in microsoft picture manager

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Remember that 1024x1024 is actually shorthand to say, the longest edge must be no bigger than 1024 pixels.

I haven't used Elements, but I'd imagine that it'd work somewhat like full photoshop. So Image -> Image Size -> change 1600 to 1024 (the other side should change automatically), Ok. Save As a different file and upload away

Found after a quick google:

Resize your photos in Photoshop Elements:
    - Click Image; Resize, and choose Image Resize.
    - Make sure the chain icon next to the resizing options appears linked so that you don't accidentally distort your image.
    - Select a new pixel width or height, or shrink the image a certain percentage.
    - Click OK.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    you should be able to change the dimentions - would be under something like edit - resize/resample etc? - dont have elements so not sure on where it would be

With the sizing the longest side needs to be 1024 (or less ) x the image doesnt actually have to be square (1024x1024)

Another good way of resizing a pic is using bdsizer which will also let you alter the file size
    Can download it here - is free
    Use this utility to downsize your existing images to a self-definable maximum file size. You can apply caption titles and frames. Includes an XMP Editor to view/edit existing XMP information. Also keeps your Exif information.

After batch resizing your images you can instantly transfer them to your favorite photo sharing service: FlickR, SmugMug, ZenFolio, Picasaweb, Facebook, or a "good-old" FTP Server.
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In PSE you can also go to File -> Save for web and a window will open allowing you to change the dimensions. Also there is an arrow up the top right that if you click you can set the filesize you want, and it will automatically set the jpeg compression to achieve that size.
    Mic

Photography is the art of telling stories with light.

www.michaelgoulding.com

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    can any body let me know how to resize photos on windows vista so i can upload photos to this site
    thanks

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    http://www.idimager.com/downloads/freeware BDsizer is free and easy to use for JPEG images

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jeepers guys! Have I missed something? Somebody just tell Jess to make sure to tick the "Resample Image" box. I'm sure she was asking how to do it in Elements, after all. Am.
    CC, Image editing OK.

Arch-Σigmoid Ausphotography Regular ameerat42's Avatar
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK, here. Originally captured at 1920x1200 pixels. Sure, I cropped a bit, but look in the Image Size dialog box. I use a percentage to reduce or increase the image size, but that doesn't matter: you can type in your pixels. Then make sure you re-sample the image, otherwise you'll keep the original pixel size. Am.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the tip on the bdsizer Cat. It worked a treat.