User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  9
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

Thread: Rechargable Batteries AA - what to look for?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Hit View Post
    I know this thread was started in 2009 but it keeps popping up. I suppose it's good for newbies like me. I have the 580EXII and use the Varta AA 2100 mAh batteries. They charge in less than 15 minutes. After the flash has fired, it's ready again in only 2 seconds!
    Just this week, I purchased a pack of 4 2100 mAh for spares, in Coles for $18. Very low discharge rate (retaining 80% after 12 months) so they last a fair time while idle. There's a very interesting Youtube test (Australian) at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG6rta4PuSM
    The charger (twin unit) is at http://www.shoptop.com.au/p_2403_Varta
    +1

I've just purchased two sets of Varta AA 2100 mAh batteries (~ $18 at Woolworths) for my 580EXII as well. So far, so good. That being said I have used two sets of the Eneloop 2000 mAh batteries before in another compact camera and have had great results. I've left the camera for months at a time and the camera is always usable when I get it out to use it. I would have purchased Eneloop batteries for my 580EXII but unfortunately the local stockist (Dick Smith) were out of stock in the lead up to Christmas.
    Gear (thus far): Canon 50D, Canon 15-85mm IS USM, Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, Canon 580EX II, Various Filters

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi I've been using Sanyo eneloops for the past three years and have had no problems. I go through periods of high use interspersed with sometimes lengthy periods of idleness (battery use not me) and it's nice to know that all your rechargeable batteries still have a serviceable amount of charge left after a lengthy period without recharging. I'm sure the other long life rechargeables are as good, just I found the eneloops first. Mostly I use them in my flash but also in off-camera audio recording devices and AAA's in my bicycle head and tail lights.
    Last edited by magfish; 10-01-2011 at 10:32am.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678