Purchased these a while ago but only got to use them yesterday.
After about 3-4 hours of usage here are my findings
- 2 Way movement: Forwards (15cms) and sidewards (8cms)
- 1 Way slider. Ability to remove lower part and use as 1 say slider
- 2 Sliding knobs.
- Slider knobs are Smooth: Not geared yet not fully sliders either.
- Sliders have tensioners and can be adjusted with the tool provided
- Light: Surprisingly lighter then my mag heads
- Relatively cheap
- No quick remove plate
- Not geared and no markings for precision movement.
- Position of the mounting plate doesnt seem to have been designed for tripod-ring
- Not Enough clearance for a "faux" ring light
I highly recommend these for macro work of the stationary kind.
Especially useful for those who use extension tube as the ultra shallow DOF means adjusting the MF on the lens might throw off the composition.
For the price, approx $140AUD, its a bargain.
Just make sure you have a tripod head (ball) that allows 180 hemisphere motion.