User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Shooting metal parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shooting metal parts.

Hey guys, i'm going to be shooting metal accesories for a catologue standard and also band/individual shots and need a set up which will allow for fast shooting. I've got a budget of about $2000.
    What would be best out of a tent, cocoon or table? or is there something better?
    What do we need to get to light it? will a hotshoe do or will we need umbrella's?
    Do coloured backgrounds make photoshopping backgrounds out easy with brass/stainless steel and what colour is best?
    Also i've got a 17-85mm lens, is that suitable for that kind of size products?

In the photo attactched, the tallest peices is 65mm for reference.

Thanks for your help.

Barry

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi Barry,
    I am by no means an expert in this field but I had to learn jewellery & gift photography for wifes shop. I was only using point and shoot camera and getting reflections everywhere.

After some researching on the net I bought a cube tent and lighting packaged from ebay.

The quality of the light brackets is not great but they are functional and work a treat for me. Still learning but results are 100% on my previous efforts.

See Photos :

Sample from tent :

I used to be indecisive now I am not so sure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Those box tent will be your best friend for small items. They work so well and are very cheap to get of ebay.