Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Craftright - Safe Case

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post

Trying to decide whether to use the second pick&pluck layer. Probably doesn't need it, everything is pretty snug and clamped when the lid goes down. Maybe just save it for future use, should I require some re-arranging.

Oh, btw, did anyone else's craftright sticker fall off after about 3 secs...? Looks better without...
    Yeah i havent used the 2nd as yet in case i decide to re-arrange? agree seems safe and wont move only using one

And yep the sticker came off - im going to superglue my ap patch i have in the place i think 3yo was cause of sticker coming off in ways lol
    Last edited by Miaow; 27-08-2009 at 6:42pm.
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaow View Post
    And yep the sticker came off - im going to superglue my ap patch i have in the place
    Ahh, that's a good idea

As to a weigh-off, I've just seen Analog's case on this thread - I'm soundly beaten!
    Richard
    Canon 5D4 & 7D2 | 11-24 f/4 L | 24-105 f/4 L | 100-400 L II | 85 f/1.2 L | 35 f/1.4 L II | 100 f/2.8 L macro | MP-E 65 f/2.8 macro | 1.4x | 580EX2 | MT-24 Twin Lite | Manfrotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ooh wonder on the weigh of if i can get the 350D and 75-300 in same case dont think it would add much though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For the southern Adelaideans..........Bunnings at Noarlunga has some in stock as I seem some a few days ago...not sure on price.

Must say here is something one of the mods...Spacejunk said once that I think is a wise idea, never leave what is obviously special gear in your car like one of these boxes, place it inside and esky so it just looks like someones lunch and less chance of theft.
    Last edited by Seesee; 02-09-2009 at 3:14pm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for posting this info up, especially the pics. Been hearing about these cases but hadnt seen them yet. These look pretty decent, so does the price.
    The Pelican's are probably overkill for me (and alot of other people)
    Cheers
    __My Photography & Camera Blog__
    Canon DSLR and some L Lenses
    Way too many Film cameras... I'm addicted, I know

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, I just picked up my Bunnings case, there are still some up on the top shelf at Wodonga store. Do you guys have any other suggestions for arranging it, I would like a 90mm Macro at some stage and would love a 24-70mm.

Pictured is quick and dirt shot of my first suggestion of fitting things, but hard to make room for upgrades.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Jim Canon 40D – Canon 70-200mm f/4L – Nifty 50 f/1.8 – Tokina 12-24 f/4 - Canon 100mm f/2.8 Macro Critique welcome
    http://home.exetel.com.au/shim/index.htm

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whisky_Mac View Post
    Well, I just picked up my Bunnings case, there are still some up on the top shelf at Wodonga store. Do you guys have any other suggestions for arranging it, I would like a 90mm Macro at some stage and would love a 24-70mm.

Pictured is quick and dirt shot of my first suggestion of fitting things, but hard to make room for upgrades.
    Well, you probably only need to use one of the two supplied pick & pluck layers, allowing you a second go at a layout sometime down the road if the equipment line-up changes.

As principle, to leave open as many options as possible, consider filling the box outwards from a corner, staying as close as possible to the edge (one row of foam I think is enough; two rows really eats into the available space). I would probably also choose a bottom corner to start from and then stay along the bottom: to keep the centre of gravity low if your case is only half-full, so its less likely to topple over if stood up vertically (which is pretty much how you've got it, now that I look at your picture!).

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Contacted Bunnings today to find out if any Brissy stores had any Craftright cases left. They told me Carseldine had eight. I called up the store and they went to look for them... no luck, they had no idea where the cases were located.

On my way back from work I stopped off myself to have a look and enlisted a small army of Bunnings staff to search the store with me (it was pretty empty and they seemed happy to have a mission!)... still no luck. I give up. Should have bought two first time round.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mark, sounds like you made some sales for Bunnings. It's good to share good deals like this. I've only just seen the thread.
    Thanks for looking....Cheers,
    Julie-Anne / Julie / Jules / Julesy / JAS

MY ..... MY BLOG..... Feel free to look.
    Canon 40D / 24-105mm L IS / 70-200mm L IS / 75-300mm / 50mm 1.8 / Sigma 10-20mm / Manfrotto tripod / Bits and pieces to fill the bag.

D750 Shines
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have heard good reports on these cheap knock-off to Pelicans(As I bought 3 of these but returned them)bit wasn't prepared to commit to them and trust them,ah well my loss someone's gain

cheers

Nikon D750,D500,Z6,Coolpix P7700
    Nikkor 300mm f/4E PF ED VR, Nikkor 16-35mm f/4 VR, Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8, Tokina 100mm f/2.8, Tamron 60mm f/2 , Tamron SP 24-70mm f2.8 VC Di, Nikon Z 24-70mm f/4
    FTZ adapator
    Sigma 50mm f/1.4 Art

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tricky View Post
    Well, much to my surprise, I managed to fit pretty much my entire kit into the Craftright...

Resurrecting a long-buried thread here, but thought it was amusing to see how the contents of my yellow Bunnings marvel has developed over the years... I saw them in stock recently and picked up another one as a spare (also have a geniune Pelican 1500). Still a tight fit. Macro kit lives in the Pelican...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaycar are now also stocking cases like this, a little bit more expensive for the given sizes but still work quite well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Prang View Post
    Great find, the big question is what is the screw in the front for?

These are one off stock I was told, so they wont be replaced.
    The screw at the front is for significant altitude changes, if you go up to(or come down from) a high mountain when skiing/boarding/hiking, you can loosen the screw on the front for a moment and release the air

Moderately Underexposed
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wderiggs View Post
    The screw at the front is for significant altitude changes, if you go up to(or come down from) a high mountain when skiing/boarding/hiking, you can loosen the screw on the front for a moment and release the air
    The biggest problem with selling that theory is that Oz doesn't have anything much over 2000 metres and that is pretty well irrelevant in altitude change.

Australia simply doesn't have mountains.

Mind you, taking the case 20 metres under the sea introduces a whole new fettle of kish when it comes to pressure but who wants to trust their gear to dodgy cases?
    Andrew
    Nikon, Fuji, Nikkor, Sigma, Tamron, Tokina and too many other bits and pieces to list.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    just looking on bunnings website...... now only $39.98 for black only
    long live

http://www.birdphotographyworkshops.com.au

Canon R7, and a lot of other bits and bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by I @ M View Post
    The biggest problem with selling that theory is that Oz doesn't have anything much over 2000 metres and that is pretty well irrelevant in altitude change.

Australia simply doesn't have mountains.
    Unfortunately you are correct Andrew, but good for traveling!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123