Thread: Craftright - Safe Case

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    Paul,
    If you have a look at the images above you will notice a smallish U shaped device on the front - it is called a handle, to the best of mine they are provided for carrying
    Thanks, my idea was more "hands free"

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    For those of you with these cases, here are some photos of how I have attached a strap to it for carrying around on my shoulder.
    The strap you can see in the last one is from an old laptop bag.

I purchased some screw in eyelets and have mounted these to the front corners in about the middle of the case so it is balanced to carry with the lid towards me.

Paul

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the review. So cheap that I couldn't resist picking one up myself - had to call a few Bunnies until I found one with stock.

However, bit disappointed that they're aren't just a little bit bigger... 10cm extra in each direction would mean I could fit all my kit in one box... as it is, no chance. Nevertheless, will be useful for transporting on those occasions when the going might get rough.
    Richard
    Canon 5D4 & 7D2 | 11-24 f/4 L | 24-105 f/4 L | 100-400 L II | 85 f/1.2 L | 35 f/1.4 L II | 100 f/2.8 L macro | MP-E 65 f/2.8 macro | 1.4x | 580EX2 | MT-24 Twin Lite | Manfrotto

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i got mine today in the toolbox section of bunnings, i rang them they said they had none went in and looked in the toolbox section and they had about 12 of them!!!! so better to look yourself now i just need to mark it out and cut out. i wanted mine so i can have my large lens on my camera and as it is always in the dual cab on the red dust farm it will keep some dust out of my camera

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I went to bunnings today was about to get a few of these cases and found a ton of them at Ashfield Bunnings. There is a whole pallet load of them in front of the power tools section.

About the item. I was disappointed at the size of it though. I thought it was bigger and deeper. I mistook it for another yellow case I used before and thought it was the same thing. Turns out that was actually a branded Storm case. Very Very similar including the colour as well!.
    Last edited by trigger; 21-08-2009 at 2:53pm.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trigger View Post
    About the item. I was disappointed at the size of it though. I thought it was bigger and deeper. I mistook it for another yellow case I used before and thought it was the same thing. Turns out that was actually a branded Storm case. Very Very similar including the colour as well!.
    I think a lot of people are disappointed by the size, if it was 3cm biger each way it would be so much more usable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i use mainly two lenses on the farm so all is good for me as often my large lens needs to be on the camera so mine is all good and a lot better than just sitting on the seat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn it... i couldnt resist i came home with two....

Quote Originally Posted by pgbphotographytas View Post
    I think a lot of people are disappointed by the size, if it was 3cm biger each way it would be so much more usable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    and after an hour of tetris...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    damn it... i couldnt resist i came home with two....
    and after an hour of tetris...

I'm holding off with my own game of tetris until I take receipt of a Siggy 30mm next week. I want to pack as much as possible in just one case, though starting to think I'm gonna need a second one...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmm I think I might check out the local Bunnings tomorrow too!

Although I can just see everyone turning up at some of the AP meets....hmmm now which one of those is mine?
    Attitude is everything!

Cheers, Paul

Nikon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodallphotography View Post
    Hmmm I think I might check out the local Bunnings tomorrow too!
    They had some when I was there a few days ago. Up the front, past the hire equipment. No spare money though...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by goodallphotography View Post
    Although I can just see everyone turning up at some of the AP meets....hmmm now which one of those is mine?
    Hmmm, I'm wondering whether an option would be to spray paint mine a nice shade of matt black?? Suspect the first time it gets a knock, there would be a big yellow scratch showing through!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I picked up the last one from my local Bunnings this morning .. think ill use mine for my lenses.
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Jaycar do an aluminium case in similar dimensions (maybe a little smaller?), also with pick/pluck foam, for $79 - see here.

They also do an ABS plastic case similar to Bunning's yellow one, except that its in black... however, Jaycar want $159 for it! See here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pgbphotographytas View Post
    Has anybody found an easy way to carry these while out and about?

Mine will be spending most of it's time just being used to transport the gear in the car and then I grab what I need and leave the rest in the car but I will have times when I wants to carry the case, I have found an idea that I think will work and will have some photos up later on hopefully showing it.

Paul
    Exactly....I dont think they serve any purpose except if travelling to avoid damage by rough baggage handlers. Leaving the kit in the car is not someting I'd advise...unless you want your car broken into and gear stolen. Better idea to take only what you want on any one day and carry it with you....never leave it in the car.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Seesee View Post
    Exactly....I dont think they serve any purpose except if travelling to avoid damage by rough baggage handlers. Leaving the kit in the car is not someting I'd advise...unless you want your car broken into and gear stolen. Better idea to take only what you want on any one day and carry it with you....never leave it in the car.
    I 100% agree, I have now split up mine and Sabrina's gear in to a bag each and we carry this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    I picked up the last one from my local Bunnings this morning .. think ill use mine for my lenses.
    Ditto.

For those interested, there seem to be plenty at Mascot Bunnings (NSW). 7 "loose" ones sitting on top of a crate which was full of more of these.
    Cheers!
    Jane

Camera: D80
    Lenses: Nikon 18-200mm f/3.5-5.6G VR, Nikkor 80-200mm ED f/2.8, Nikon 35mm f/1.8, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6 EX DC HSM
    Bag: Tamrac Adventure 9, Lowepro Fastpack 100
    Stuff: SB-400 Flash, Giotto Rocket Blower, CPL filters, Cheap'n'Nasty tripod and remote control.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i thought maybe stickers on mine and i use mine to stop dust in the 4wd on the farm with my bird lens on

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well, much to my surprise, I managed to fit pretty much my entire kit into the Craftright...

Bit of shoe-horning required, but managed to fit:
    1 x body
    6 x lenses plus lens hoods, including a 70-200
    1 x 1.4 teleconverter
    1 x 580EX2 flash
    2 x spare batteries for body and 4 x spare rechargeable AA eneloops for flash
    1 x silica humidity absorber

Anyone manage to fit in more kit?! Maybe we can have a 'weigh-off'

Trying to decide whether to use the second pick&pluck layer. Probably doesn't need it, everything is pretty snug and clamped when the lid goes down. Maybe just save it for future use, should I require some re-arranging.

Oh, btw, did anyone else's craftright sticker fall off after about 3 secs...? Looks better without...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast