User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Tripods for tall people UNDER 200. 00 ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tripods for tall people UNDER 200. 00 ?

Yeah well Im over six feet and Im getting tired of pumping the elcheapo tripod extension to the top, still having to bend over for landscapes, finding the extension makes the camera abit wobbly on the top and having movement mess up the shots..

Plus Ive recently got a Battery Grip and Speedlite for the camera and with that extra weight the extension ised elcheapo tripod might get worse to control...

So, without going nuts money wise and a whiz bang Manfrotto thingamywhatsit for 400-500 plus dollars , anyone know of a tripod that can carry the above mentioned weight with my Canon 400D, is TALL enough for me and costs 200.00, give or take ?

Or am I dreamin

Footnote: It also has to be capable of dropping down to a foot height off the ground when I want to do seascapes and pick up the cloud reflections on water or rainforest waterfalls or waterholes from close to the ground.
    Last edited by David; 30-07-2009 at 9:25pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922