Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wireless remote flash problem?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM Tran View Post
    good chance its more the incompatibility

I have PT04 trigger/receiver for th 580EXII and the firing accuracy is 70% at best with a variable effect range of 3-5m, pathetic compared to the Cactus V2s and V4
    And yet I have the PT-04's and have no trouble with them using both the 580EXII and a moded Metz 45 CT-1

I would guess that I get 98-99 % firing accuracy on both flashes, the one time I was having trouble I changed the frequency and that solved that problem, I was at Mt Archer here in Rocky that has TV and Radio and Telstra towers so there is a lot of RF interferance, it even played havoc with the remote for my car door locks
    Last edited by MarkChap; 30-07-2009 at 1:27pm. Reason: Because as we all know I can't spell proper
    Smoke Alarms Save Lives, Install One Today
    I shoot Canon
    Cheers, Mark

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaow View Post
    The flash doesnt fire when press test - just i am getting a signal over to the receiver...
    OK, then the wireless aspect is working ok.

The wireless receiver has a hotshoe on it that you have the flash plugged into ?

From memory, my flash unit (580exII) needs to be in manual mode before it will fire like that
    also it had a nasty habit of going to sleep before I used it, and the remote trigger fails to wake it.

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Well if you've got a 580exII you can use the PC Sync port instead of the hotshoe. Sometimes the cheap triggers have hotshoes that are a little dodgy (mind you sometimes it's the PC Sync port that's dodgy).

As for sleep mode - go to Custom Functions on the flash and change C.fn 01 to 1. No more sleep
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Its a 430ex ii - so no sync port :/ And actually it is a PT-04 remote/trigger - has that written on it... Have tried in manual (on flash) also :/

Will play more later haven't had a chance to this afternoon with it
    Last edited by Miaow; 30-07-2009 at 6:06pm.
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkChap View Post
    And yet I have the PT-04's and have no trouble with them using both the 580EXII and a moded Metz 45 CT-1

I would guess that I get 98-99 % firing accuracy on both flashes, the one time I was having trouble I changed the frequency and that solved that problem, I was at Mt Archer here in Rocky that has TV and Radio and Telstra towers so there is a lot of RF interferance, it even played havoc with the remote for my car door locks
    its a bit of a mixed bag with the PT04s for canon flashes really, as there are warnings on the net for triggers that are pre-V2s era - is problematic with canon flashes

you are not the first to say u have no problems, while others and myself have problems with it

I will probably sell the set on AP soon for 20 bucks or something lol, dont really use it due to the inconsistency with my flashes

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think if I can't get it working that I'll take it to the next meet up I goto and see if it works on someone else's camera/flash - That way I'll know if it just this flash its having problems with..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12