User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: Speedlite Only Or Speedlite + Other Bits $$$ ?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speedlite Only Or Speedlite + Other Bits $$$ ?

Made a decision to get a Canon Speedlite 430 EX and went looking for quotes thinking you pay out x dollars, and they give a speedlite you can attach to your cameras shoe or run away from the camera on a cable and..BUT no (apparently) you have to pay more for the 'options' The suggested other purchases on one site were -----

1. Flash Diffuser: Softbox Diffuser (10.00)
    2. Off Camera Shoe Cord : DC E3 Off camera shoe cord (125.00), and
    3. Canon Speedlite Bracket: Canon Speedlite Bracket 5B-E2 (349.00)

All listed as 'options' along with the flippin speedlite.

Cant I just buy the flippin Speedlite and mount on top of my camera shoe for portrait shots indoors or providing more even light in a rainforest ? or do I have to have the other bits (1-3) as well to be able to manipulate the lighting effect of the speedlite better .

IF Im only going to be doing the occassional family happy snaps and occassionally using it to light up a rainforest scene better do I really need all that other stuff ?

What body ? a Canon 400D.
    Last edited by David; 23-07-2009 at 11:30pm.
    Comments and CC welcome..

Gear: Canon 6D & 1Ds Cameras l Canon EF 17-40mm F 4.0 L USM l Canon EF 24-105mm F4.0 L IS USM l Canon EF 70 - 200 F4.0 L USM Lenses I Manfrotto Tripods I Adobe Photoshop CS6 l Lightroom 3.0 I Lee Filters

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes." Marcel Proust 1871 - 1922