User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Converting AVIs on a mac .. ??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Converting AVIs on a mac .. ??

Ive got a while bunch of AVI files that I want to convert so that I can burn and watch DVDs on a regular DVD player ... Does anyone know a simple method ??

Roxios Toast Titanium seems to be the standard software but at $180 I wanna explore other options first
    Hi Im Darren

www.darrengrayphotography.com

SONY A850 (FF)] + GRIP | SONY A350 (APS-C) + GRIP | SONY NEX-5 +16 2.8 + 18-55 E-MOUNT LENSES | CZ 85 1.4 | 50 1.4 | 28-75 2.8 | 70-200 2.8 | 2 x 42AMs | 24" imac | LR | CS4 | + loads of other junk

Ausphotography Site Sponsor/Advertiser DAdeGroot's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    Ive got a while bunch of AVI files that I want to convert so that I can burn and watch DVDs on a regular DVD player ... Does anyone know a simple method ??

Roxios Toast Titanium seems to be the standard software but at $180 I wanna explore other options first
    Toast Titanium is by far the easiest way to do it. Otherwise, you could try to import them into iDVD and burn them off that way.
    Dave

http://www.degrootphotography.com.au/
    Canon EOS 1D MkIV | Canon EOS 5D MkII | Canon EOS 30D | Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM | Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM | Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L USM | Canon EF 85mm f/1.2L II USM | Canon EF 35mm f/1.4L USM | Canon TS-E 17mm f/4L & some non-L lenses.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Toast is the standard and everybody gets it sooner or later.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    looks that way .. can i install the program on both my imac and my macbook ?? what does the user license stipulate ?? I looked for the info on the roxio site but couldnt find anything.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From memory I had to register this but then again the registration may not be that critical. In any case, I know what the so called "Laws/License" permit but the common sense issue is your only ever using one machine at a time. Forcing additional licenses is in the least abuse of a legitimate customer and at worst extortion.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    found a slightly cheaper alternative to toast ...http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-creator-mac.html

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the same boat Darren. I have some HD movies that I have created in iMovie then exported onto the HDD as H.264 format, now I have no idea how to get them onto DVD without loss of quality. iDVD appears to downgrade the video substantially (not sure if this is a limitation of the program or with the DVD format itself?

All I want to do is burn a 720p movie onto DVD to watch on my HDTV. Is that too much to ask? argh :/
    Nikon D750
    Olympus m/43
    Rolleicord IV

My SmugMug

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdazzler View Post
    found a slightly cheaper alternative to toast ...http://www.xilisoft.com/dvd-creator-mac.html
    this seems to work great .. i DLed the trial version and it certainly does the job. I converted AVIs and burnt the files to DVD all in one action. Nice. The trial version has a watermark on it until you buy the license for $49USD.