User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Black & White image with a cyan tint

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Black & White image with a cyan tint

I have just picked up some prints from the printers, they are b/w images, the problem I have is that they all have a cyan tint through some of the image. Lyn, the lady that owns the print place said to me its because of the amount of contrast that I have put in the image through ps, has anyone else heard of this and if so what am I doing wrong.
    By the way Lyn never charged me for any of the images. The 4 images thats its happened to are images I want to put in owe club comp.

There is another problem I am having at the moment and thats the b/w image looks great but when I print they come out very dark. Any help on these 2 problems would be greatly excepted.
    Canon 5D Mark 11
    Canon 30D
    Canon 50mm 1.8
    Canon 16-35 L series
    Canon 24-105 IS L series
    Canon 100-400 IS L series

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently printed one of my converted contrasty BW images and I thought I noted a mild cyan tint to it but I thought it might have been the lighting condition I viewed it under and didn't pay that much attention to it after.
    I seriously thought it was my eyes playing tricks on me but now that you've brought it up I might have to go check that print again.
    Nikon FX + m43
    davophoto.wordpress.com

Back to Basics
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The amount of contrast causing a blue tint?! Sounds like a crock to me.

I have heard that most photo printers cannot print true b&w because they are set up for colour printing and they always include SOME colour. To get a true b&w image you need to find a place that actually uses a b&w printer.

Although, some of the home printers coming out now claim to only use the black ink - so maybe this is outdated advice?????

As far as the prints coming out darker - firstly, is your monitor calibrated? If it is then it would probably depend on the profile of the picture and the printer profile.
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graeme, if you want some nice prints, find a place like Atkins Technicolour, that do not use inkjet printers like an epson 7900, but create prints on true photographic archival silver based paper. These prints will last a LONG time and give superior results.