Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  6
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Making a Light Tent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Excellent Tutorial.
    C/C always welcome. If you PP my photos please explain what you did and how you did it. I am here to learn.

Back to Basics
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha! I'd forgotten this! Was fun making it.

Thanks for your comments all. I might have to find another little "project".

Quote Originally Posted by matilda View Post
    Cheryl you're funny
    Thanks Matilda. That's reassuring, 'cause my boss keeps saying "you're not funny!". (I think what he really means is I am funny, but he doesn't like anyone being funnier than him. )
    Cheryl B.

My Stuff... Canon 6D ~ Canon Speedlite 580EXII x 2 ~ Canon 100mm f2.8 Macro ~ Canon 50mm f1.8 ~ Canon 17-85mm f4-5.6 ~ Canon 16-35mm ~ Canon 70-200mm f2.8 ~ Photoshop CC ~ Lightroom Classic CC

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Cheryl. I am still laughing.
    Carmen

My Stuff:- Canon 50D l EF 28-80 f2.8-4L
    l EF 100-300 f4-5.6 l Canon 100mm f2.8 macro l Tokina 11-16 f2.8 l Pol. Filter l Flash l Grip l Remote l Tripod l Lightroom 2 l CS3

Constructive Critique of my photos always appreciated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great work, I've bookmarked it so when I get my camera I'll try making one too

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I started the exact same project during the last school holidays but unfortunately other things have gotten in the way and haven't had a chance to finish it. I even used the same box as you Cheryl and I also obtained my instructions from the same web site.

After seeing your results I'll have to get a move on and finish it.
    CAMERA: Nikon D800, Nikon D7000
    LENSES: AF Nikkor 50mm f/1.8, Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Macro, Sigma 10 - 20mm F/4 - 5.6, Sigma 150 - 500mm F/5 - 6.3 APO DG OS, Nikkor 18 - 200mm F/3.5 - 5.6 VRII,
    Sigma 70 - 200mm f/2.8 APO EX DG OS, Tamron SP 24 - 70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD, Sigma 85mm F/1.4 EX DG, Nikkor AF-S 16-35mm F/4 ED VR, Nikkor AF-S 200-500 f/5..6E ED VR
    MY WEBSITES: www.nawimages.com, http://nelliewajzerphotography.smugmug.com/, http://NellieWajzerPhotography.blogspot.com

A. P's Culinary Indiscriminant
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Best read, laugh and good informative stuff Mongo has had in a while. Thanks heaps Chessa!
    Nikon and Pentax user

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    lol well done, very well put together...post and light box.
    C&C is always welcome, and dont be gentle
    ______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Nikon D80 w/vertical grip | Tokina 12-24 |Nikon 18-55 | Nikon 18-70 | Nikon 70-300 | Sigma 150-500
    Nikon SB800 | Nikon SB 80dx
    Cokin P filters
    other assorted bits and bobs all in a
    Lowepro compu trekker plus aw

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You're a ruddy genius! And if you wanted coloured effects, you could use pale coloured material, I have a very thin cream coloured cotton sheet I'm thinking of.
    Odille

“Can't keep my eyes from the circling sky”

My Blog | Canon 1DsMkII | 60D | Tokina 20-35mm f/2.8 AF AT-X PRO | EF50mm f/1.8| Sigma 150-500mm F5-6.3 APO DG OS HSM | Fujifilm X-T1 & X-M1 | Fujinon XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XC 50-230mm F3.5-5.6 OIS | Fujinon XF 18-55mm F2.8-4R LM OIS | tripods, flashes, filters etc ||

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks a lOT guys.....
    Wayne decided to try this project a few hours ago, and is currently passed out on the floor in a drunken stupor

He didn't have beer or wines boxes- he only drinks rum..... so figured he had to empty the rum box

On the upside it is good practice for the September piratin' he says he will be doing (he tells me real pirates drink OP rum, and this is why he is going overseas- to restock in preparation)

anyone with a good hangover cure?- it's going to be a looooog month.

Di
    D300s and D60. Nikkor 35mm 1.8 & 50mm 1.8, 18-55mm & 55-200mm; Sigma 10-20 F4-5.6; Tamron 90mm, Elements 8
    ...........................................................................................C&C is always welcome......................................................................

Back to Basics
    Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikira View Post
    Thanks a lOT guys.....
    Wayne decided to try this project a few hours ago, and is currently passed out on the floor in a drunken stupor

He didn't have beer or wines boxes- he only drinks rum..... so figured he had to empty the rum box
    Oh dear! It wasn't OP was it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yeah Cheryl- OP for him, if he can get it.

Actually he is the only one in the family to really enjoy rum. The best he ever had was bought when he was born by his dad ( who spent precious money they could not afford) on a bottle of Inner Circle Overproof to celebrate. It was through a series of forgetfulness that it wasn't drank until 44 years later. (and trust me that stuff is now illegal for good reason).

Wayne is still making his way through this bottle with evident appreciation, no-one else can even bear to smell it.
    Di

Ausphotography Addict
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I came back to revisit this, and I intend to get 'a round tuit' sometime soon. There are big advantages to this method - provided you don't glue the fabric, you could have several muslin strips in various pale colours - white, cream, peach, pink, blue etc, and you could make the box as big as you like, to facilitate photographing larger objects.

Now all I need is a box big enough to fit the car in . . .

I will report back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile

Great post! I love the home made aspect to it! Will definitely be trying this myself...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12