Okay, so I was a little envious of Rick and his new light tent (http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...d.php?t=34329). So, I decided I had to get me one. However, I chose the cheap option - DIY! And because I'm proud of my achievements ( ), I decided to share with you all the making of my home-made light tent. Sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

1. Take one box.

(Beer/Scotch/Vodka etc works just as well)
  2. Drink contents of box.
  3. After consuming contents (or during if preferred), make square holes in side of box.

4. Once sober, discard box.
  5. Take another box.

6. Make square holes in side of box. Remove top flaps, but not bottom flaps.
  7. I said NOT the bottom flaps!!!
  8. Repeat steps 5 and 6.
  9. Line inside of box with white strips, applying with glue – carefully. Leave to dry.
  10. If required, paint or decorate outside of box.

11. Cut a piece of semi-flexible white cardboard to fit from the inside bottom front to top back with a curve at the back (no lines) and fix in place.

12. Pinch mum’s/nanna’s old white summer-of-love muslin dress from closet.
  13. With scissors, carefully cut a strip from back of dress – enough to cover two sides and top of box.
  14. Replace remains of dress back in closet, arranging folds so small missing strip is not immediately visible.
  15. Glue muslin strip across top and down two sides, leaving front hole open, or if preferred, affix some tortuous and elaborate fastening device to secure and remove muslin as and when required.

(Or, just wrap it around!)
  16. Obtain one, two or three portable gas lamps, light and arrange around muslin covered holes as desired.
  17. Place object of beauty inside box.
  18. Take photograph of beautiful object.

19. Post photograph on Australian Photography forum.

Anyway, it kinda works - I only have one light, so I had some shadows. I'll have to get a couple more lights so I can remove the shadows, but overall, it seems to do the job!