Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: HELP

western suburbs of melbourne as of 13/5/2010
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP

My 3yr old zdaughter tonight szpilt bzubble mix on my lappy keyboard, i have taken out the keyboard and dried it but its still not working properly as you can see one key seems to be stuck, very hard to try typing this while its adding thousands of that letter that when i want to type it wont let me, i have also tryed putting some wd40 onz that particular keys connection but it still isnt playing the game, anyone have any suggestions as i cant even use photoshop because its playing up?
    Canon 50d - 300d backup - 28/135mm IS usm - 50mm 1.8 - ettl flash - Assortmant of other stuff I hardly use
    I think a photography class should be a requirement in all educational programs because it makes you see the world rather than just look at it. ~Author Unknown

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not good Sammi. My grand-daughter spilt a drink on mine a few weeks ago and I now have to replace it. The keys have stayed firmly stuck unfortunately.

Di

Di

Canon 50D, Canon 17-85, 50mm 1.8, Speedlite 580EX11
    "You have to make the most of the chances that come your way. "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sam. I know that in the past when my kids were a bit younger the same sort of thing happened. I don't know if this will help you at all but on my keyboard you can actually remove the individual keys. With a very small screw driver or a small flat knife, you can actually lift the buttons off (They just pop on and off) After removing a couple of the buttons around the problem area, it gives you access to clean around the jammed button. After cleaning just pop the buttons back on. I hope this help you.
    Good luck.
    Cheers Peter
    Canon 7D...Canon 40D...Canon 24-70L 2.8...Canon 70-200L 2.8...Canon 17-85...Canon 50mm...Speedlights....Tripods...Filters... Battery grips.... And heaps of other stuff

There are always two people in every picture.. the photographer and the viewer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hope you can get it fixed especially with a laptop - cant really just go out and buy a new keyboard for it :/
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miaow View Post
    Hope you can get it fixed especially with a laptop - cant really just go out and buy a new keyboard for it :/
    hehe you can actually you just need to look

if it wasnt a laptop id say soak the keyboard in demineralized water but alas it seems like you need to get yourself a new laptop keyboard
    Ben

Camera: 7d
    Lenses: Canon 17 - 55 f2.8, Canon 85mm f1.8, Sigma 30mm f1.4
    Flash: 430 exii

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brindyman View Post
    hehe you can actually you just need to look

if it wasnt a laptop id say soak the keyboard in demineralized water but alas it seems like you need to get yourself a new laptop keyboard
    Yes, I have founzd a keyboard replacement for it on ebay for $ 24.95 + $6.99 p&h although not sure if im gonna tell hubby yet ive found one cause he was looking at buying me a new lappy last night,
    he gets a nice discount for buying them through work he is the head IT tech at the local high school,
    at the moment im running a acer aspire 3620, 1.5gh celeron M, with....... 256mb of ram PS CS2 just runs on it if i dont have anything else running in the background, hmmm im reallly likeing the thought of having something with 4 gb of ram, might hold off on the keyboard a lil while and see what happens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i dont blame you for waiting lol i definately know which one id go for :P jb hifi have some pretty good lappys atm.....not that i need one...more of want one....but i want to start buying more photo gear LOL :P

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well, take it as an omen that you need to replace your laptop

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What a bumma Sammi; I thought I was having puter problems; I would be thinking the liquid would have worked is way inside . Hopefully you will be able the save the hard drive>>you can get boxes for them so they become an external drive. Good luck

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You could take the KB out and wash it in warm soapy water, make sure it is totally dry and re-install. It's all plastic and stainless steel so it shouldn't really stuff anything
    . .
    The more I learn the less I know !

Threadstarter
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IanB View Post
    What a bumma Sammi; I thought I was having puter problems; I would be thinking the liquid would have worked is way inside . Hopefully you will be able the save the hard drive>>you can get boxes for them so they become an external drive. Good luck
    Ian, the liquid didnt thankfully get right inside if it had it definatly wouldnt be woking now as the Mother board is right under the keyboard, the HDD is on the back of it,

You could take the KB out and wash it in warm soapy water, make sure it is totally dry and re-install. It's all plastic and stainless steel so it shouldn't really stuff anything
    Milspec, the keyboard was taken out and fully dried then had a bit of WD-40 spayed in the offending key, other than that keys that i have problems with is the left hand shift with a, s, and w. it just wont make them capital, i am having to use this lappy till we decide what to do as our server / desktop MoBo crashed last night , not having a good week with computers, glad hubbys the one who has to work with them all day. on a lighter notestill got the gaming comp