... Hardcore Critiquing on Ausphotography (HC)
Ausphotography members will at times want intense critiquing of a particular photo. When you want to be provided with some hardcore constructive critique of a photo, please set the HC smilie when you post the thread. This will be a signal to other members that you want intensive critique. Your thread is to be placed in the normal member photos forum relevant to the photo subject matter.
HC does not negate all other threads from critique. The only member photo forums that are not for critique are the Fun / Member challenges forums. HC is designed to compliment critique in other areas of the site, and it can also be used as an extensive learning tool if used correctly.
Rules to apply to hardcore constructive criticism.
1. When you create your new thread the first thing to appear in the post must be the HC smile (see example above)
2. All existing Ausphotography Site Rules apply.
3. A maximum of 3 photos to be presented per thread, as long as they are part of a series (ie. the same subject matter).
4. Each member is entitled to submit ONE thread with the HC smilie in a 24 hour period.
5. If you are willing to post an HC thread, you must be willing to accept the strong views and opinions of respondents.
6. Comments like ‘nice shot’ must not be posted alone, you must expand in detail as to why you perceive it to be a nice shot.
7. HC does not have to be picking a photo to pieces and highlighting all the negative aspects, it can equally be all about how great a photo is and why, in fact you should make sure the positives are highlighted.
8. Reworks are not permitted unless directly advised by the thread starter; reworks must contain detailed information on what processing was applied.
9. Any threads/posts that do not comply with the above will be removed.
10. The HC smilie is not to be included in members signatures. It is not a 'default' setting and as such must be applied to individual threads. Members who place it in their signature will have it removed.
How to add the HC smilie to your thread...
When you create a new thread, next to the text box are a series of smilies, choose the green HC one, before typing any text as it must appear first in your thread.
This will mean that when your thread is viewed, other members will know you want hardcore constructive criticism
is coded as :HardcoreCC:
If you want to improve your critiquing skills, cause you feel you may not be qualified to comment on the HC threads, check these out, then have a go:
Want a guide on how to critique other members photographs?
Critiquing techniques for beginners : How to