Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Battery Grip For Nikon D200

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Battery Grip For Nikon D200

Hey Chumps

After realising I made the Stupid decision in Purchasing a Phottix or However you spell it Battery grip for my D200, I Now want a Genuine MB-D200.

BUT, Because there is the D300/700 they don't make it anymore, so i'm wondering if the MB-D10 would fit the D200?

Cheers

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Easy answer - No

Totally different fit for the base. The D700 is wider in body thickness and the location of the screw is slightly different.

I have both the D200 and a brand new D700 plus the MB D200 grip for the D200 and it just doesnt fit. Yes it will slide in but the screw won't start.

Another thing is the MB D200 grip has a whole lot of extra pins on the end which are for the added controls and these mate up with contacts inside the body battery compartment. Whilst I haven't seen a D700 grip not that I really need to as dont think grips are worthwhile after owning one, the D700 body battery compartment doesnt have the required contacts inside. Therefore the contacts must be elsewhere.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohhh Okay

Cool thanks mate. Interested in selling Yours (Battery Grip)

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The wife still uses it when using long glass to balance the weight. You can do the same with lead weights but then I dont want to argue with her over the little things in life.

Why are you so desperate for a grip? Pockets hold more batteries that the grip ever will and while the portrait mode trigger is handy when actually taking portrait mode, you'll find that the trigger sits right where you hold the camera to carry it and consequently waste shots of the ground - unless you remember to switch the trigger off. Also you find that the added weight becomes a PITA - the main reason I took it off.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I Just find it much more Comfortable with the Battery Grip. Escpically If i'm holding it in a Portrait Angle much easier to navigate.

Looks alot nicer with the BG on Aswell (IMHO).

Ahh Okay that's fair, NEVER Argue with the Missus...Something I Have learnt!

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    the mb-d200 is an overpriced plastic grip which isn't the most reliable either...many, including myself have had issues with battery contacts. i'm not saying you shouldn't buy one, but to be just be aware.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So what was wrong with the Photix I was thinking of getting one....
    ---- Moments of light ---- : S5pro D70 F601 - N35-70F2.8 N18-200VR N50ais S150mac N12-24 N18-70
    Being a photographer is a lot like being a Christian, some people look at you funny but they do not see the glorious beauty all around them - heartyfisher.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ohh Okay, Cool thanks for that!

Okay, with the Phottix one, It screws in there fine, sits on nicely. But it randomily just switches off?? (whenever i move the battery grip slightly) im thinking that the connections are touching properly.

Then the battery compartmants arent working right, like one will die within 2 hours of a good solid amount of shooting (never EVER died that quickly without it) then i put the full battery in (the 2nd one from the grip) and it says its dead.

I Have to put alot of pressure on the grip for it to read it / get it to work right. i even had rubber bands putting the pressure on the body for me.

Then the most annoying thing is sometimes when ur taking a photo and move (after taking it from kneeling down etc) and the battery connecters become loose, the photo will corrupt itself. it's pretty darn annoying.

But that's what my Phottix one does. i'm curious to find out what the proper Nikon one does.

Hope that helped Brotha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks..... such a shame...

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Regards
    John
    Nikon D750, Sigma 105mm OS Macro, Tokina 16-28 F2.8, Sigma 24-105 Art, Sigma 150-600C,
    Benro Tripod and Monopod with Arca plates

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heartyfisher View Post
    thanks..... such a shame...
    Can have mine if you want lol. I'm getting a Proper Nikon one. No Crappy brands for me again!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you were in sydney I wouldnt mind slapping it on my camera and testing it.. but .. oh well.. never mind...

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Haha

Okay but if you want it (Free of charge) Just let me know lol i just want it gooooooooone

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    LOL !

Its that bad is it!

Ok How about I pay for the postage? And if its bad You can pay for me throwing it in the bin! (FOC)

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hahaha I hate the frigging thing. also the fact that i just bought another nikon one off another member i dont see the need of having 2 if i only have one D200 haha

how do i see how much postage is to areas and such?
    also it doesnt come in a box it only came in like plastic thing (like with headphones and such) so ill just wrap the crap out of it in bubblewrap or something

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    sorry but I have been out of action the last week or so.. lots of stuff hapening and also have had an attack of gout.. I am still interested in the contraption. how are we going to get the thing down to sydney? and paid for?