Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: More fotoputer problems

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

More fotoputer problems

She’s all different folks>>this is all confusing and hard to explain, but I will try.

I can’t open Canon RAW image into CS3 from Lightroom>>>Go edit in PS>>CS3 will open but the image does not

I can’t open JPEG into CS3 from Bridge but can open PSD/DNG from Bridge into CS3. I can only open a JPEG via PS camera raw

I can open a Nikon Raw from LR into CS3>>>but Nikon jpeg does via PS raw converter

A strange thing has happened>> for about 6 month the screen saver would not come on and puter would not go to sleep; but; without me doing any thing the screen saver/sleep are now working

I have also just remove CS4: ** edited - breaches site rules ** and I thought that was starting to cause problems [note: screen saver stopped working before CS4 was installed]

I rebooted my legal version of CS3 after removing CS4

See image>>>opening JPEG from bridge>>never seen that before

Before removing CS4 I could open any image into CS3 from LR but CS3 had to be running

Like I said it’s all different. Any ideas to which button/ssssss to push ???

And I do have vista

Attached Images Attached Images

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Did you have CS3 and CS4 on the system at once? If so, I suggest uninstalling all versions of photoshop installed and then reboot your system. Then re-install CS3.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Don't know if this is of help. A friend had a similar problem on a Mac, we ran this program and all was well after.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Margaret

Fuji XT2 Manfrotto MF 055XPROB Pro Tripod & gynbal head, Fuji 18-55 mm, Fuji 14 mm, Fuji 55-200 mm, Fuji 80 mm macro, Fuji 60mm macro, Fuji 100-400 mm, SB600 Speedlight, Photoshop, Lightroom on a Mac, Critiques welcomed

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rick and Margaret, your time and thoughts are appreciated and look into it tomorrow Just for now I'm converting raw images to DNG and that solves some of the problems. More tempted to take the puter into shed and see how many parts I can make it into>>would be a good comp>>guess how many parts in a computer.

At the moment I'm totally sick of digital cameras/computers/programmes and in fact most things photography.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'd say that uninstalling CS4 has removed some files that CS3 needed also - As Rick's said - I'd uninstall CS3 and then reinstall it afresh
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Cheers Cat. I might go and buy that Lieca I have always dreamed of; the one they used before computers were a have to have thing

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Removed CS3 but; it would not reload. Computer is at the doctor to format the disc so we can start from scratch.