User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: Where can I get:::

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I get:::

...the Kodak Tmax 400? I very recently joined the film ranks so that makes me a noob in the film world, so let's treat this as a bit of a guidance thread. Please, someone, hold my hand .
    Walked around today a bit looking for Tmax 400 (no particular reason why, just like the results google search came up with) but many shops I went to, including a Kodak store, looked at me like I was asking for carrots. Is it a rare film or did I have a particulary bad luck? Anyway I scored two rolls of Ilford 100, not exactly what I was after but it's something to play around with for the time being.

Anyone know where to get Tmax 400 in Sydney?

Thanks

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All I can tell you is that Photo Continental stocks it. Try Vanbar, they are closer to you. If you want to play around with something:

Get 100ft of Arista premium from freestylephoto.biz for USD$35.
    Its rebadged Tri-X and works out about AUD$2,50 per roll of 36 exposures.
    Tmax is better than Tri-x but Tri-x is still a fantastic all purpose film.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think you may have the two confused Krysz. Tri X is a more traditional film and very highly regarded. T Max is cheaper but it is more forgiving.

Are you looking for 135 or 120 film? Vanbar should have either, but I know where there is some 120 if you need.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    From what I've seen Tmax has more shadow detail than Tri-x. Though I have only ever shot Tri-x and that one time the back of my TLR popped open and destroyed the roll.

So ignore my comments. I'm an Ilford guy.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Tom, I'm after the 135. Will google Vanbar and see how I go.

Krzys, I've seen Tri-X at one of the places but didn't know anything about it so stayed away from it. Will get a roll to give it a try.

Thanks for your help, guys.

Ausphotography Regular
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Romus, Tri X is possibly the most famous black and white film available today, and it is Kodak's signature black and white film. I personally don't shoot it, as I try to support Kodak as little as possible. I prefer Fuji or Ilford.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TOM View Post
    Romus, Tri X is possibly the most famous black and white film available today, and it is Kodak's signature black and white film. I personally don't shoot it, as I try to support Kodak as little as possible. I prefer Fuji or Ilford.
    Tri-X is lovely. I shoot it and develop in Rodinal 1+50. It may not be to everyones tastes, but gives some amazing results. I likeit more than Tmax.
    If I had to only choose one film, it'd be Neopan 400 though! Definately give it a go if you get the opportunity.

As TOM said, you could check out Vanbar, or even photoriesel in the city. Theres actually a couple places in the city i'm pretty certain i've seen it at, just cant remember the names unfortunately =/
    Good luck!
    __My Photography & Camera Blog__
    Canon DSLR and some L Lenses
    Way too many Film cameras... I'm addicted, I know

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hey, thanks everyone, Vanbar seems to have it all! Been there the other day, they did have Tmax . Also bought all the developing gear there as well - and I only went there to get a few rolls of film hehe.

Thanks for everyone's input once again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you find you enjoy the wet-processing thrill, I suggest you use ebay for future purchases of darkroom bits & pieces. Dirt cheap these days. Don't buy anything new except paper and chemicals is my advice.
    The world is an AMAZING place . . .
    flickr :: panoramio