User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  0

Thread: How to

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to

stop shaking when taking images, im a shaky person and it sucks ass. sometimes i cant keeps still at 40mm let alone 100 or something images are just crap then. and i dont want to buy a IS lens i want to learn to control this.

Is there any tips people can give me?

Thanks Aaron

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No one can stay perfectly still Aaron. The best info I can give you is use a tripod or monopod, if that isn't convenient then find something to lean against to give you more stability. If you drink strong coffee before you go out with your camera you will be 'buzzing' a bit.

Increasing the shutter speed or ISO will also help.

An honest C+C please!

"I started life with nothing and I still have most of it left"

Nikon D300
    Photoshop CS4 Extended

Who me?
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    yep that's the trick lean on something for support, use tri or mono pods, the alternative is to keep the shutter speed as fast as possible ie: use the largest aperture( lowest f number) and or increase ISO.
    Also keep arms close to the body and shoot between breathes.
    Cheers David.

Canon 40D/EF-S 17-85 mm IS/Kenko Extenson Tubes/Canon EF 50mm F/1.8 II (nifty fifty)
    Sigma 10-20mm 4-5.6 /Sigma 70-200/ Sigma 1.4 teleconverter/ some Conkin filters | Adobe Photoshop CS6

It's all about the Light!
    Tech Admin
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doonster View Post
    stop shaking when taking images, im a shaky person and it sucks ass. sometimes i cant keeps still at 40mm let alone 100 or something images are just crap then. and i dont want to buy a IS lens i want to learn to control this.

Is there any tips people can give me?

Thanks Aaron

Higher shutter speed. See: http://www.ausphotography.net.au/for...ad.php?t=11024

It's been done in detail.

A royal pain in the bum! arthurking83's Avatar
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think it's more about practise!

try throwing a lacrosse ball with a lacrosse racquet!(properly that is!! ) ... it takes practise.

Main thing is to try to be as steady as possible. one foot forward, arms close to body, lean against something... etc.. all work, but people are different and various things work for various individuals.

Sometimes I can get a sharp shot at 500mm and 1/60(handheld) and other times I struggle to get it sharp at 10mm and 1/100

I think the best advise is to breathe out and take the shot as you're almost out of breath.
    That seems to work best for me.
    arms in the body doesn't work too good if you rotate the camera for portrait orientation tho
    Nikon D800E, D300, D70s
    {Nikon}; -> 50/1.2 : 500/8 : 105/2.8VR Micro : 180/2.8 ais : 105mm f/1.8 ais : 24mm/2 ais
    {Sigma}; ->10-20/4-5.6 : 50/1.4 : 12-24/4.5-5.6II : 150-600mm|S
    {Tamron}; -> 17-50/2.8 : 28-75/2.8 : 70-200/2.8 : 300/2.8 SP MF : 24-70/2.8VC

{Yongnuo}; -> YN35/2N : YN50/1.8N

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks everyone, Ive got a few tripods but they are Chinese and if its windy there goes any zoom macro stability(time to fork out for a nice one me thinks) other then that Ive done leaning on things. i think its just my hands that are really shaky. do you think bulking up a bit might help? i mean im not a weedy bugger but i could prob do with going to the gym and loose this beer belly im building up before it gets out of hand.

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kym View Post
    thanks that was really helpful! i might be able to take some shots later and test this.

Site Rules Breach - Permanent Ban
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doonster View Post

i mean im not a weedy bugger but i could prob do with going to the gym and loose this beer belly im building up before it gets out of hand.

You could always let it go and rest the camera on it. Certainly more fun thn the gym