I was going to google search how to do this but again am not sure of the terminology so ask the question, so hopefully someone understands what i mean.

I have a portrait picture of my baby girl which i would like to keep her but remove the back ground, all the tutorials i have looked at (but cant seem to find anymore=/) have a very basic "cutout" function - is it possible to get her just her with all her detail eg, stray hair, and say edging of a textured clothing, you know like a woolen jumper or something which doesn;t just have a straight edge.
Can this be done? or to have a different background do you have to sacrafice some of the edge detaling? if this can be done is there a link to a tutorial to how to do it, or even better a video with step by step instructions! lol

Also sorry another question - i have been taking my pictures in RAW & Jpeg mode, but when i upload them into the bridge, only the Jpeg format works, the RAW files can't be read, and when i upload then to the harddrive i select delect files when finished but only the Jpeg files are deleted from the CF card is that normal? I'm using Windows Vista.

I'm so new to this and just really playing around, trying to learn how it all works.
Thanks in advance for any advice
Nicole