Thread: Photobucket image size problem:::

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Photobucket image size problem:::

I`m using photobucket to load from. The biggest I can go is 640 pixels wide. So I save at 1024 wide and 72 dpi in PS and when I load here I still get an image that is too small compared to most that are posted here. I`m geting a bit frustrated as I think my shots would look better if they were bigger. Any one able to advise???
    Graeme
    "May the good Lord look down and smile upon your face"......Norman Gunston___________________________________________________
    Nikon: D7000, D80, 12-24 f4, 17-55 f2.8, 18-135, 70-300VR, 35f2, SB 400, SB 600, TC-201 2x converter. Tamron: 90 macro 2.8 Kenko ext. tubes. Photoshop CS2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Graeme, when you up load the pics - I'm pretty sure it has a setting under the upload area on the size you want to display - check what setting that's on before you upload - it may be on a smaller size?

Edited to add: Just was looking and it does have that it will reduce the size based on that setting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Miaow; 29-06-2009 at 10:40am. Reason: added pic of upload area
    Cat (aka Cathy) - Another Canon user - 400D, 18-55,75-300mm Kit Lens,50mm f1.8, Tamron 90mm f2.8 Macro, Sigma 28-70 f2.8-4 DG, Tripod and a willingness to learn
    Software used: PhotoImpact, Irfanview and a lot of plugins
    We don't make a photograph just with a camera, we bring to the act of photography all the books we have read, the movies we have seen, the music we have heard, the people we have loved. - Ansel Adams

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Not sure what you mean by "the biggest I can go is 640 wide"?

All I do is save mine at 1000 pixels on the longest side as a JPG in photoshop, then upload to photobucket and link in to AP.

Be aware that 72dpi is low these days, most monitors are capable of displaying around 100dpi.
    "It is one thing to make a picture of what a person looks like, it is another thing to make a portrait of who they are" - Paul Caponigro

Constructive Critique of my photographs is always appreciated
    Nikon, etc!

RICK
    My Photography

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Cat and Rick. I do upload from PS to p/bucket at 1024 and usually 100dpi but then when I upload from pb to here they are small again. I have checked on pb as to the size and they are at max of 640 wide. Problem???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just check that setting under where you upload Graeme - it will resize the pics based on that setting - doesn't matter what you upload at it will alter them I think based on that (see setting in pic in my precious post)

Threadstarter

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thanks Cat....I found what you meant. Will do a trial upload of a surfer I shot the other day.