User Tag List

Thanks useful information Thanks useful information:  1

Thread: I have a darkroom and I am so excited!!

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have a darkroom and I am so excited!!

I know that this is hardly going to raise a whimper here, but I thought I would share.

Last weekend, I finally got my darkroom setup. Last weekend, I only got as far as a few contact sheets of negatives, but last night into the wee hours, I managed my first enlargement.

I tell you what, for that 8 seconds of final exposure, it took me about 2 hours of test strips etc to get there! This must be like the Superbowl of photographic work (not that its the greatest (which it may be), but it takes hours to get the last minutes of work done!!). I can see I didn't take up this side of the hobby to speed up my photographic experience!!

That being said, its very exciting to see that image magically appear before your eyes, as you rock the developer tray back and forth. Its rather organic (kinda like the first time you step away from your casio keyboard to play a real piano with hammers and strings!! Actually, its probably more like coming from the latest state of the art electronic keyboard....saying casio is possibly a little unfair!!)

Thanks for listening. I might scan the picture in later!
    Last edited by hoffy; 14-06-2009 at 12:03pm.